Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Grouping Key in F110

former_member862468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have certain requirement to group all the payments for a set of vendors. So we have created grouping key JU and assigned it to this set of vendors (around 15 vendors). we have kept the payment method as field for grouping payments.

I have updated the same in vendor master with grouping key JU and all 15 vendors with a payment method T

how does this work in F110. If i run the f110 for these 15 vendor and how will system combine the vendor documents.

Thanks

Shriya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shriya,

First the concept of group key need to clear.

The grouping key represents a rule according to which the open items of the account are to be grouped together for payment.

The grouping key is used in cases where you do not want all the open items of a customer or a vendor to be paid together but rather you want only those items which belong together to be grouped into a single payment. A maximum of three fields from the open items are defined for every grouping key; the contents of these fields must correspond in order that the open items can be paid together.

eg.If you use loan management, you can define as a rule that only items with same loan number can be collected together by debit memo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shriya;

I have updated master data with alternative payee some vendors have the same alt payee and we need to get one payment document; could you please tell me how can I do that.

Thanks in advance,

Kindest regards,

former_member862468
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Deepanshu and Sridhar, Just a clarification, so if my vendor has 5 invoices with Business Area 1 and 6 invoices with Business Area 2, do i have to input anything in the f110 to pick by business area. how will the output be if i run check payment for this vendor, will it give two checks, each for a business area?

Thanks

Shriya

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shriya,

If you have selected the check box "Separate payment per BA" In FBZP under all co.codes, then it will create separate check for each BA. Else it will create only one check. 

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Grouping of payments for multiple vendors using payment grouping key is not the objective of the functionality regarding payment grouping.  This one is used to group invoices with some common element for the payment.

In case you want to group invoices of multiple vendors and pay to only one vendor's bank account, then you can make use of alternative payee in the master data and satisfy your requirements.

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shriya,

I can interpret your question in two ways.

Grouping payments from all vendors and make one payment document.

Payment grouping functionality is not defined to combine payment for different vendor code.

Payment Grouping is to group different type of payments to one vendor code. e.g. You want to group payment based on business area or value in assignment field etc.

For this, you can define one vendor code as alternate payee for rest 14 vendors. System will make payment to alternate payee.

Grouping payments for each vendor individually

if this is the requirement, you dont need to define any grouping key. Standard SAP will group all payment documents picked up in the payment run and make payment. Just ensure, Individual payment checkbox is not ticked in the vendor master data.

Thanks,

Deepanshu