cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about SAP WM alerts within table T321 for immediate TO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have the following doubt: I am trying to configure an email alert when my immediate TO could not be generated in background. My main doubt if the user will receive an email message in his email inbox, assuming that the system will adopt the user email address that is loaded in the user master data or how do you think this will work?  will the user find the message within SAP inbox?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An email address is needed for external sending via Internet.

Since the user is an internal user the mail is just being dropped into his inbox (SBWP transaction).

Similar to something that you put your colleague on his desk, you just walk by and let it drop. No need to prepare an envelope and go to the local post office.

Just try it. Send a a mail from your business workplace to his business workplace. Try it again without internet email address in his user profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen, but if this user has an internet email address in his user profile, the message that SAP creates with the failure should be sent to his Outlook inbox...don t you think so? Or the message always remains in SAP inbox only?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does F1 help say? Allocate a user name, nothing about email address.

If the user wants it in Outlook, then he should define a forwarding rule in his business workplace.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a look on the below link,, might be helpful

Workitem intimation in the email - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Thanks so much, It s really very useful piece of information. I wonder if these steps should be done also when you customize in OMKX the email notification when a direct TO was not generated in background as expected....wht do you think?

Thanks

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as mail to outside SAP is concern the setting mentioned in wiki is required. I am not getting what do you mean by " when a direct TO was not generated in background as expected"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set several movement type with auto TO generation in omlr, so in omkx you have the chance to set an email notification when this automatic process fails....

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with my understanding about the system layout setting of OMKX and above mentioned wiki setting are two different setting

OMKX creates the notification and submit to SAP Inbox

The setting mentioned in Wiki picks that information from SAP inbox and send to extenal id as defined in the user profile

Answers (0)