cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira 1.20 Desktop connection parameters for Hadoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks to the article Installing the Apache HIVE driver in SAP Lumira  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50419 I was able to get SAP Lumira to recognize the Apache Hadoop Hive 0.10 driver.

However, when attempting to use this driver, I am unable to make a connection.  I enter the User Name, Password, Server:Port but Lumira just spins on Connecting... and after leaving it go for about 10-15 min...I cancelled.

I suspect the answer lies somewhere in the JDBC Driver Properties under Advanced Parameters...but I have not been able to locate any examples of what properties to leverage.

Has anyone actually configured a succesful JDBC connection to Hadoop using SAP Lumira?

Thanks!

Kevin Smolkowicz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks Sharon.

Hi Kevin,

Lumira 1.20 only supports Apache Hive 10 . We are planning to support Hive 12 and 13 with the next release of Lumira. That should hopefully clarifies if you are in a supported situation or not - I got confused whether you were trying to connect with Hive 10 or 12.

Feel free to send me a note if you want to discuss the matter further.

Thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sharon & Paul.  Will hold for next release and see what happens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

Fired up 1.22 and noticed that Hive .12 drivers there by default.  Still can't make the connection.Will continue trobleshooting, but I am curious to see if anyone 1) Has successfully used the Hive drivers 2) had to populate the advanced parameters to make it work.

Thanks!

-kms

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to read this. Could you share your configuration and your logs by any chance?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I ran into similar connection issue from Lumira to Hadoop. Have installed HortonWork sandbox 2.1 on a window server, and Lumira desktop version 1.25.1.

when making the connect, got error. Tried port number  10000 and other number, error with same message.

What should be the port number? The generated IP is 127.0.0.1:8888.

Thanks.

Scilly

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

harald_schuller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

i tried the connection, but got also the same problems with jdbc

Driver error org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Invalid method name: 'execute'

Which driver are you using?

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harald,

Using Hive 0.12

som
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

JC has left SAP but I have asked Paul Ekeland who is now the owner to come to the thread.  Besides getting this to work today we do have some updates for Hadoop support in 1.21 which Paul will communicate.

Thanks

Sharon

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin - I haven't tried this myself

Could you take a look at

Where Jenifer Underwood references

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy.  However I was unable to pick up anything that speaks to the advanced steps of configuring a Hadoop JDBC connection in Lumira.

I saw that JC Ravenau reached out Jennier Underwood for config steps shortly after her posts...no reply