cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everyone,

I have to manage goods that I sold to a customer, but I need to store in my warehouse for a determinate period (quantity, not value).

Please, can you explain what is the right process and the steps to set up?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is how much effort you want invest.

It could be as easy as posting a normal goods issue from a delivery and sending the invoice, but not shipping it physically. Put a barrier tape around the goods and wait for the customer call to ship it.

If you want really manage it, then it is more difficult, as the stock is gone after a goods issue.

So you would need to receive it again to a material that is not valuated (double material masters or a dummy material) , since you should not have value in your books for goods that are already sold. Customer consignment is not a solution since the value is still in your books. Advance payment (order related billing) could be an option, but you keep the goods for a longer time valuated in your books even you collected the money, probably not liked by accountants and auditors.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I think you can use special stock E (orders on hand) to control stock from customers. But regard your process, if you require to perform invoicing process before goods issue, you must configure the sales order document and outbound delivery to allow that.

Best regads

Carlos Díaz