cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EO Queue hang

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have EO scenario from File to proxy. Sender message is EO & when ECC gets the message from PI ( Via Proxy), due to bad data it gets sutck up in SMQ2. My understanding was since it is Not EOIO, the other messages should flow.

What i see in ECC is there few messages stuck( not for same message type) . It looks like unless we fixed the failed message ( from message type1)

the other messages ( from message type 2) also won't go.. This is diff then what i thought where in EO, if message fails only that particular message will be stuck up.. please let me now otherwise...Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

EO messages would be randomly assigned to a queue at runtime, so it's very much possible that one E0 queue can have multiple entries of different message types. Now if by any chance the first message in that queue gets stuck all the messages (same or different) followed after that will also be stuck.

So what u can do is, either try to solve the issue for that failed message and then reprocess that stuck entry that will eventually process rest of the stuck messages or u can just save that message entry (SMQ3) and let other messages get processed.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this happens often when error handling in server proxy is not done correctly. For example, assuming your server program throws a dump. Then most probably the error will propagate to the queue and block it. Solution is to catch the exception properly and convert it into an application fault. Messages with application faults will be taken out of the queue, and subsequent messages will be processed regularly without blocks.

Regards,

Jörg

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your understanding is correct, in EO message will processed in any order. your issue is seems to be in PROXY code which might getting stuck or locking the table.

I would suggest to check the proxy code.

regards,

Harish