Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDS priority in PPDS

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am struggling with the priority of PDS in APO PPDS (7.03)

Question:

how can I prioritise the production data structure in APO PPDS or the production versions when working with recipes (PP-PI)?

I am mean, I want to prioritise the production versions. I did read about how I can prioritise the PDS in APO (procurement priority).

My question is how I could set the priority on PDS in APO or the production version in ECC, eg. prod version 0010 has the highest priority, then 0020, and so on. So that APO chooses the 0010 when creating pl orders automatically.

I checked myself and it seems that in standard APO selects the latest created PDS, if all the priority relevant settings are the same. we don't use the quotation, procurement costs.

the prod versions differ sometimes by the receipe and sometime by the boms.

thanks!

best regards,

Pilvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

You can do this on APO side, t.code /SAPAPO/CURTO_EDIT - Maintain PDS.

Hope that help you!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

If it was helpful for you please validate the answers. So, the other consultants would benefit of these answers too.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

Aside from /SAPAPO/CURTO_EDIT, you can use MASSD to update Procurement Priority in mass in SCM 7.13.

During order creation, the sources of supply are ranked as described in SAP Help. This way, the source with highest priority will be chosen first.

Please, notice that if the PDS with highest priority cannot cover a demand on time, the planning function (heuristic) may switch to a different source of supply, that has lower priority but that can cover the demand on time.

Regards,

Tiago

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tiago,

thank you for responding.

Question: I have 2 production lines = 2 PDSs,  and the first one has higher priority.

There is independent demand for 20.11.2014, but not enough capacity on the first line, to produce the required qty in time. Will the heuristik automatically create the planned order on the second line (PDS with the lower priority)?

What heuristik is that? SAP_PP_002?

What happens when the planner creates planned orders automatically? would the system also move the order to the second PDS?

thanks in advance?

ps. I reworded you and Marius

0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

Yes, that should be the behavior with SAP_PP_002.

The heuristic will first create a Planned Order with the PDS that has higher Procurement Priority and schedule it in the liveCache.

Then, it will determine whether the Planned Order can cover the requirement without delay. If there is no delay, this Planned order is adopted. If not, the system switches to the second source of supply to try to cover the demand on time.

edit: It should be visible in the planning logs that there was a delay for the planned order with a given source of supply.

If the source which has the highest rank should always be used in your business process (regardless of on-time delivery), an option is to use the badi solution provided in note 449263.

Regards,

Tiago

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tiago,

I just tried to run MASSD, selecting PDS as object type, then in selection criteria Product (component) and in the section "components and attributes to be maintained" Header (component) and Procurement priority (attribute).

When executing I generate dumps.

What selection should I choose?

thank you in advance!

best regards,

Pilvi

0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

In Selection Criteria, you can use Component-Product and Header-PlanningVersion.

In Components and Attributes to be Maintained, you can use Header-ProcmtPriori.

If you still get the dump, let me know the details of the dump as I did not experience it myself.

Regards,

Tiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiago,

In our release 7.2 we don't have this option(Header-ProcmtPriori)! Is it available in 7.3?

Thanks, Marius  

0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

It should be possible to maintain Procurement Priority via MASSD in SCM 7.2 as well.

Below is an screenshot of F4 help on field Component under "Components and Attributes to be Maintained" in an internal test system we have at SAP which is on SCM 7.2:

You may check if note below (which makes it so the field becomes available) is missing in the system:

1927004 PDS Procurement Priority not available in MASSD

Regards,

Tiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tiago.

Regards, Marius

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiago,

thanks! I used "your" selection and entered the MASSD without any dumps.

The only issue is now that after having entered the priority in the column "procurement priority"

I click "make changes" but the pop up appears "selectat least one column". I click on top of prod priority, the PDS-lines are marked, but nothing happens. I cannot see that the column is selected as I used to in SAP (darker color of selected color is not visible).

I am not sure if I experience a problem with GUI?? why I think so? cause when I click in hte graphical planning board on an object (planned order) in the resource chart, the drop-down menu appears but when clicking on any of the function, the system does not react=> no action takes place...

best regards,

Pilvi