cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping error - The input-parameter <parameter-name> does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented java mapping for a proxy to SOAP scenario. This java mapping accepts parameters at runtime. We have defined parameters in operation mapping and provide values in interface determination.

Now, this works fine in dev environment. But, we are getting intermittent errors in when we transported the same objects to Quality environment. The error is "com.sap.aii.af.service.mapping.MappingException - The input-parameter <parameter-name> does not exist in mapping program".

When I do a dummy change in ICO and activate it again, it works. But, at a random point of time later it starts throwing the same error again.

I found this thread on SCN which talks about a similar problem and has information about patches to apply.

However, the patches it describes(SAP NOTE 1933139) start from SAP PI 7.31 SP06 but we have SP05 installed. I found another note which has patches for SAP PI 7.31 SP12 onwards(SAP NOTE 2054627).

Can anyone please provide pointers about a similar patch for SAP PI 7.31 SP05? We do not have a plan to upgrade SP version as of now. Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Ravi Desai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karin_paul
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I can't help you, but we have the same problem and we opened yesterday a ticket at SAP. Now we are waiting for a solution.

We had this problem some weeks ago, found also the note about SP12. We implemented SP12 - everything looked fine. Yesterday we found out, that we have this problem again, now on our productive system.

Regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

Could you please let me know what SAP has recommended?

Thanks,

Ravi

karin_paul
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

we have got a solution. The mentioned SP 1916161 is necessary, but it doesn't correct the errors that occur for ICs that existed before the installation of the SP. The only thing is to delete the ICs and create them again. We did this and now finally this problem is solved.

As response to your remark "When I do a dummy change in ICO and activate it again, it works. But, at a random point of time later it starts throwing the same error again.": Always the last change overwrites other previously saved data - that's why it works for some time.

Regards,

Karin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please check the SAP note 1777200 - Mapping Parameter missing after Transport (CTS+)

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the reference to the note. My problem is a bit different than this. I can see the parameter in message mapping, operation mapping and in ICO as well. There are values provided for those parameters as well. But at runtime it throws the error.

Thanks,

Ravi Desai

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I don't think you would have any fix for SP005. Its quite a bug. You could ask Basis team to upgrade the patch and then implement  

1933139 - Errors during execution of operation mapping with message mapping parameters names differe...

Error during the mapping Thrown (Above note is applicable for the below errors in SAP PI 7.31 >= SP006):

com.sap.aii.mapping.api.UndefinedParameterException: The input-parameter <parameter-name> not exist. at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.MappingParametrization$InputParametersImpl.getValue(MappingParametrization.java:84) at com.sap.aii.ib.server.mapping.execution.MappingParametrization$InputParametersImpl.getValue(MappingParametrization.java:71)

Otherwise raise an OSS Note with SAP if up gradation not possible right now.

Regards,

Nabendu.