cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me how to create a Flight Order in SAP. Does this come under SAP DFPS ? Also please help us on the relevant configuration. Can we configure Flight Order in EHP 5.0 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Please help me how to create a Flight Order in SAP. Does this come under SAP DFPS ? Also please help us on the relevant configuration. Can we configure Flight Order in EHP 5.0 ?

Need to configure Flight Order for Catering Solution for an Airline.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member426101
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Manoranjan,

Although the Flight Order was originally developed as part of DFPS, you don't need to activate the full DFPS to use it.

As from ECC 6.0 EhP 4.,0 you can activate Flight Orders by switching on Business Function DFPS_LM_GEN in the Switch Framework using transaction code SFW5

This will have the following effect:

• Flight Order related transactions will become available under the new menu item "Support for Flight Operations" ,
  • You will also find a new tab strip against the Equipment masters (transactions IE01, IE02, IE03) where you can enter the aircraft Tail Number and related aircraft configuration.
  • IN customisation (transaction code SPRO) you will also find the additional configuration that needs to be done for Flight Orders. It is also under Support for Flight Operations.

Remember that in the background a Flight Order is a Plant Maintenance/CS Order. So for the detail configuration (like settlement rules, costing sheets, Status Codes, etc.) you use the PM or CS Order configuration.

As for the Catering specific configuration, it will depend largely whether you are configuring for the Airline (Procurement of Catering services) or for the Service Provider (generating the demand and producing the catering.

In the new Value Maps (to be released shortly) there will be more details specific around Inflight Catering.

Hope this helps, but please feel free to ask if you need more details. For specific details that goes beyond this forum you can contact me via email at willem.gouws@sap,com  The higher level information I will post back onto this forum.

Willem Gouws

Solution Management: Airlines & MRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willem

same problem here..

As I understood the business function DFPS_LM_GEN should be availiable from ERP 6.0 EhP4.

We run EhP5 and that switch is not availiable in the switch framework.

What's wrong here? And what do I have to do to fix this issue?

Cheers,

Helmut

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PrabhuPole
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Willem,

Could you please help me what are the transaction code's / BAPI's / Business Object is to create Flight Order.