cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid batch split on outbound delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that the SAP standard functionality around SD batch determination.  During the outbound delivery creation, the system generates a batch split line during automatic batch determination, this happens even if there is only ever 1 batch for the system to determine.  This has consequences in billing as normally the 0 quantity lines show on the invoice and printed outputs.

without automatic batch determination It is possible to manually select a batch on the delivery item without generating a batch split.

I am looking for a method to achieve the results of manually selecting a batch in the delivery (i.e. without a batch split), but for the system to do this manually.

I am aware of several delivery and batch determination user exits and BADIs but I wondered has anybody ever done this or would you advocate against this?

Cheers

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wouldn't it be much easier just to exclude the '0 line' from billing if that's the only issue? There is an SAP note on that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is one of the knock on effects of the batch split issue.  We can supress that behaviour via the copy control.  There are a couple of notes on how to do that.

Until I receive a clear requirement from the business, the issue is appears to be fundamentally to do with aesthetics.  The business are not comfortable going from a scenario where they are used to occasional batch splits for plants where we do not have SD Batch Determination enabled but where the batch split occurs in WM picking.  The scenario for the new plant where we do have SD Batch Determination enabled is that every line has a batch split.

I am looking at how easily I can influence the batch determination via exit EXIT_SAPLV01F_001 although I think we have alternative exits/BADIs.

The logic I intend to use would be something like:

• Create delivery
  • Batch determination initiates
  • Use EXIT_SAPLV01F_001
  • return the result of batch determination
  • If only 1 batch found, stop batch determination
  • take the batch and copy to LIPS-CHARG
  • if more than 1 batch, continue batch determination (split etc.)

I initially debugged EXIT_SAPLV01F_001 and it's called at the very beginning of the batch determination logic so seems a likely candidate

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just remove assignment of the usage-CHSP in the item category determination for the delivery type in the T.code- 0184 to remove the Batch Split

remove the automatic batch determination for the delivery item category to fulfill the requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I guess that will work.  However I should have described the scenario more clearly

I want the system not to create a batch split line where there would not naturally be a batch split.  If in automatic batch determination there would be a resulting batch split then I would like to keep it.