cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IlluminatorOData throws 500 (whereas default 'Illuminator' works)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everyone,

I want to setup a OData Query and I'm not sure why it doesn't work. I've created a fixedQuery with the MII workbench (just a stupid SELECT).

If I do a normal test the Query works fine:

http://doeserver5:1337/XMII/Illuminator?QueryTemplate=Examples%2FTests%2FTests%2FoDataTest

It returns the expected content in a table like this:

A stupid select gives a stupid response, don't it?

However if I do the official (according to OData - SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence - SAP Library) OData way like this:

http://doeserver5:1337/XMII/IlluminatorOData/Rowset(‘Examples%2FTests%2FTests%2FoDataTest’)/Rowset

I get an error 500:

<error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">

<code>ServerErrorException</code>

<message lang="en-US">Internal Server Error</message>

</error>

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!

So long,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Please use Query mode instead of fixed query mode. The service will work fine.

Regards,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

many thanks for the reply!

I'm afraid that I've already checked this (common) mistake. I read about this a few days ago

Do you have any other hints? :$

Thanks and regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

I didn't quite understand your reply. Which mistake are you talking about? Fixed query mode is not supported by MII for IlluminatorOdata service although help document states otherwise.

Regards,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

very sorry about that. I spoke about the "bug" (or whatever it is) which you can find in several threads. I declared it (surely a bit wrong) as a "mistake".

Thanks and regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

As stated by me earlier, FixedQuery mode will not work for IlluminatorOdata service. It is not supported. It is not a bug.

Regards,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

okay, from scratch:

I've had a fixedQuery (long time ago). After I've searched for the problem I found out that you can't use a fixedQuery. That's why I changed it to something else.

Okay and that's the clue: after this change I've opened this thread. Do you get me? This "internal server error" problem occurs after I've changed my setup to "not a fixed query".

It really doesn't matter if it's a bug or not supported or anything else cause my setup doesn't have any fixedQuerys implemented.

I hope I was more understandable this time.

Thanks and regards,

Kai

Edit: oh hell... Now I know what's the deal. I've written: "I've created a fixedQuery with (...)" in the OP. That was a mistake! I wanted to write: "I've created a Query with (...)". I'm really sorry.

Unfortunately I can't find the "edit"-button for the OP. Can you tell me how I can change it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kai,

You don't need to change it. You have made your point very clear.

Can you please take a look at the Netweaver logs and see what error is getting logged there?

That should give us an insight on what the issue is.

Regards,

Anushree