cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field PROJ-KIMSK - setting a default value for a specific project profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i must assign a default value to the field Mask ID (PROJ-KIMSK), which is  '               +++++++++'. I need this value only for a specific project profile eg. YZZZZZZ.

I tried to look at the project profile settings into customizing but i didn't find anything. Then I thought it can be set by means of a substitution .

Went to substitutions>Project system>Project definition created a sub, but alas, from here you can't use field KIMSK .

After these checks, I thougt that maybe the only solution to this problem is implementing an exit into substitution, which by means of ABAP checks project definition and fills up the field KIMSK with the values that I need.

Is there a chance to assign a default value to the field KIMSK without having to implement a user exit? Can you please help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

Carlo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

As you have mentioned the only way you achieve your requirement is via substitution. Could you

please review SAP 358473 which contains a report about how to include additional fields

of standard structures into the substitution logic?

BR,

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

I managed to put the field KIMSK into table GB01 and I created a substitution which in prerequisite has project profile (PROJ-PROFL) equal to the proj. prof. for which I need it to be activated.

Unfortunately it won't work. I also tried to activate a trace : it is not called.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot !!!

Carlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

Did you activate flag "autom. when saving"? With the assignment in the project

profile, the validation will start once you save the project.

BR,

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!!! I managed to do it!!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In My view, the only option to substitute the required field is an Exit.

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole