cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default ItCa (Item category) in VM21/VM22

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just started in a new company and am now learning to use SAP. It seems though that everybody here are on their own and are not provided any courses, so my apologies if I have simple questions that everybody should know.

What I'm wondering is if you can change what the default set up is on anything when making a quote/SO etc? We have problems with some invoicing because someone has forgotten to change the ItCa from ZMTO to ZMTM, don't ask me why. So does anyone know if we can change the default? So that everytime we make a quote, ZMTM is autmaticly set up as default?

Thanks

Br

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

you have create two threads which are alike...i have replied to your previous thread

if you are a business user (or end user) and don't know much about SAP SD, then I suggest you discuss this "improvement" first with an experienced business user, in your department.

Next step will be to approach your SAP support team, and explain him/her the scenario. and then that team can take a call of the appropriate action.

tw

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

in customizing, Sales and Distribution->Sales->Sales Documents->Sales Document Item you can assign item categories to Sales order type. I guess this is what you are looking for.

When user select quote/so, the ItCa will be selected based on this setting.

you can define or assign item level settings in this node.

Thanks,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply!

I assume you need some sort of authorization? I'm just assigned to making quotes, oc etc, so I'm not sure if I am able to do so, but I might get the one responsible to do it.

Where to I find customizing?

Thank you,

Daniel

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thread moved to SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD).

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tcode SPRO

Display Reference IMG