cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint error in SFTP receiver adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am working on a Java only stack in SAP PI 7.4 .I have an SFTP receiver adapter.I am getting an Fingerprint error while trying to write file to the SFTP server.

The error says:"Exception caught by adapter framework: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Fingerprint invalid. Fingerprint is: 71:ef:53:9e:ea:d2:bc:27:1e:53:d4:cf:af:f8:a3:cd". However, I am using the correct server(as above) finger print in my Communication channel. The finger print also matches the one that Filezilla displays.

I went through the thread : http://scn.sap.com/thread/3578030 , which advises creating an private-key.

I have tried using both password and private-key based authentication , but I am getting the same error.

I am using variable substitution in the config, does it have anything to do with the error?

Thanks,

Shweta.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Since its a Receiver CC, can you try to place * in the Server Finger Print...also I believe you have mentioned Port as 22 in ur config...

Though I don't think Variable Substitution is causing any issue, can you try to test without using any Var Substitution and re-test.

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Azhar.

I have removed the Variable substitution but still the same error.

However , I gave the fingerprint as * , and found that few messages were processed(There are around 100+ messages in the queue out of that 35 were processed sucessfully). But after sometime the same issue occured again. Messages were again failing with the same fingerprint error.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Did you try to Stop & Start the Channel and check if it works..

Also check the Cache Status and Clear the cache.

If the issue persists you can try to create a new Channel and check..

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Azhar , restarting the communication channel did not help. I have created a copy of the comm.channel it worked fine.

Answers (0)