cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with infinite planning using Schedule Sequence Huristics in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation where in I need to use the Schedule Sequence Heuristics in Production Planning Run with infinite capacity.

Currently I have stated Infinite Forward in Strategy. Still The results do not reflect that(It is planning the orders one after another)

Thanks,

Ujjal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ujjal,

The strategy settings defined for the heuristic in /SAPAPO/CDPSC11 are used for scheduling, not those of the Strategy Profile.

In standard, Schedule Sequence cannot be executed with Scheduling Mode "Infinite Scheduling".

The reason is that the heuristic takes the current date and time (plus or minus the scheduling offset) and then schedules the activities in forwards direction from this date and time. This means that, if you were to run Schedule Sequence with Scheduling Mode "Infinite Scheduling", the activities would not be scheduled one after the other, but rather all in parallel, with the same start date and time (current date and time +/- scheduling offset) - there would be no sequence, which kind of defeats the purpose of the heuristic.

If this is what you expect (all activities starting at the same date and time), you can either

1) Uncheck the flag "Finite Scheduling" for the Resource (in /SAPAPO/RES01), making the Resource itself not relevant for finite schedule.

or

2) Run the Reschedule function, which then considers the DS Strategy (at the DSPB) or the Strategy Profile (in a Planning Run). You can specify in the Strategy Profile the field Desired Date as "Earliest Date" and set the Scheduling Mode to "Infinite Scheduling".

Regards,

Tiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tiago,

We are going ahead with the Reschedule heuristics in our case. It is working fine but now I am stuck with another issue, I am  also using an offset in the run of 2 days. So if we have an holiday on the first day then ideally the system should plan it on the 3rd day considering the holiday, but it still scheduling on the 2nd day itself!

Regards,

Ujjal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ujjal,

If it was helpful for you please validate the answers. So, the other consultants would benefit of these answers too.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ujjal,

In the strategy profile what is your Finite capacity setting? If is As Specified in the resource, so you need to check the work center where you need to uncheck the box Finite Capacity. Also check Scheduling Sequence button in the strategy profile. Maybe you have sequence based on start or end time of PPDS orders.   

Hope that can help you!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius