cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver SOAP adapter(for proxy connectivity) not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on synchronous interface (SOAP->PI->Proxy)

SAP PI version = 7.1

Scenario made using classic approach (Not using AAE). I am using receiver adapter(SOAP adapter for proxy) as shown below.

Using SOAP UI test scenario. But below message is coming

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.mo.xmb.XMBMessageHeader.getMessageId() of a null object loaded from local variable 'messageHeader'

Solution tried:

• Checked SPROXY settings, they are fine. Client proxy is working fine, issue is coming in server proxy.

Checked both URL given in CC.

http://<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=receiver

http://<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

Same result.

• I used XI adapter instead of SOAP. Got below message

“com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP:     

TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized”. In XI adapter RFC destination of type ‘HTTP’ works fine.

I am confused here.        

• I checked the properties in XI services given in link http://scn.sap.com/thread/3184803.
  • Right now I am using my own user in communication channel. This could be an issue but user with similar roles is working in development. What should be the mandatory role that user need to have while participating in HTTP connection through Communication channel.

Can anybody please let me if I can do any other thing here to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Sumeet.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the link to know about roles needed

SAP Library - Configuration of Usage Type Process Integration (PI)

I guess the SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

role is necessary in this case.Check whether you are having this role assigned and check authorization.

Regards,

Suman

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Summet,

Check with the su53 transaction if your user is affected by this note 1952439 - BubbleException in SOAP receiver channel during sending data to backend Integration Engine...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,

The user which is used at RFC destination that might locked. Please check the user lock status.

Regards,

Krupa

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,

In the XI adapter receiver there are two options for the receiver, one is URL address where you type in the URL details + username/password and the other is HTTP Destination where you can use an SM59 destination of type H configured in your XI Abap stack. Use the type H one since it is already working in your system.

Regards,

Mark

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe only if you have PI 7.1 EHP1 ,  you can use soap adapter for proxy communication, For other pi 7.1 versions  you should use only proxy xi adapter.

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked

suman