Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determination of packaging specification in the work centre

ankushkhatri8
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi EWM Gurus,

I have customized the Inbound process with packing using Quantity Classification.

customizing details:-

1. Packspec -

2. Putaway strategies -

1011 - quanity classification  1(EA) - storage type  a

1011 - quantity classification 4(PAL)- storage type b

Issue: - packaging specification is not getting determined at the packing work centre(external step - VS02).

Due to which system is not creating the desired handling units (as per the packaging specification).

Please let me know what could be the missing customizing here ?

Regards,

Ankush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

1) Check for the packspec determination process. Check for determination procedure and condition maintenance group. Inside level set you have to place condition type too.

2)You should select HU creation flag to create HU in packspec master data    

Regards,

Jobi    

ankushkhatri8
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

Thanks for reply.

I have maintained both customizing mentioned above.

But still in the work centre, the packspec is not getting determined in the "Detail 1" tab.

Could you please let me know what could be other customizing missing ?

Regards,

Ankush

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have actually never found a way to find a packaging specification "in" a workcenter. If you want to use a VAS order, the packaging specification is necessary for the creation of the VAS order. The VAS order then contains the information for the worker how he should pack the material - but it does not create any HUs, at least that is what I believe.

Where the system can create HUs in inbound processes according to packaging spec, is when you enter a determination procedure in the delivery type for the inbound delivery. But this would then happen also before the work center.

Brgds

Juergen

ankushkhatri8
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

"I have actually never found a way to find a packaging specification "in" a workcenter. If you want to use a VAS order, the packaging specification is necessary for the creation of the VAS order. The VAS order then contains the information for the worker how he should pack the material - but it does not create any HUs, at least that is what I believe."  - Actually there is a field of packspec in the work centre. Hence, there would be some customizing to update the same. On the other hand, yes the VAS order contains the information regarding the steps to pack the material via pacskpec information.

Need of the Business - A delivery consists of material A (110 EA) sent by the vendor .

Packspec - 25 EA of material is packed in  1 EA of packaging material B.

Final Destination Storage Bin capacity   -  90 EA of material A.

Hence according to the packspec, 4 Pallets  + 10 EA should be created.

Each pallet should have a HU number assigned to it(via pacskpec) and 10 EA should be assigned to a empty handling unit manually by worker in work centre (Need of having handling unit in work centre - Complete Hu process  step for Hu can be completed so that putaway task can be created).

Thinking Areas:-

1. Since we are using Quantity Classification(Pallet & EA), what should be 1PAL = ?. as far as i guess 1 PAL = 25EA.

2. If Pallets are to be created and Each pallet should have a unique Id for clear understanding of Its visibilty in warehouse, hence the pallets(boxes of 25 EA) should have id(HU id i suppose), hence the packspec should be determined in the work centre(since packing is taking place at work centre and hence there is no need to create handling before).

3. Pallets are going to a different storage type(lets say SPAL). And Eaches to SEAC.

I hope you understood the business process.

Let me know what could be other alternative to achieve this or customizing to determine the packspec in the work centre.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankush