cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC - IDT : BAPI with Tables - How to join in DF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

We have standard BAPI BAPI_POORDER_GET_LIST in ECC which we like to call from Information design tool and which we have succeeded till DF. But the problem is when how to use in Data foundation as the parameters are defined as tables range for example: ORDER_NUMBER_RANGE.

How to join ABAP function export tables E_T_HEADER table to ORDER_NUMBER_RANGE in DF ( otherwise Business layer is not working ) or we cannot join them and  have to use individual parameter by creating a new ZBAPI with "to" and "from" for individual parameter ?

For example,

Import parameters

Like ORDER_NUMBER_FROM type BAPI_ORDER_HEADER1-ORDER_NUMBER and

ORDER_NUMBER_TO type BAPI_ORDER_HEADER1-ORDER_NUMBER.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep - I moved this to the Semantic Layer space

One suggestion - why not create the universe against the SAP InfoSet?  Are these Plant Maintenance orders?  To me it might be easier to create an ECC Infoset against the PMIS logical database where the joins and tables are already there.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Tammy.

We don't want to spent for redevelopment of this BAPI as it is hitting almost 9 tables ( CAUFV,AFPO,AKPO....) . It is from Production order + Sales order.

I have gone with your blog for SFLIGHT BAPI, where BAPI have individual import parameters.

We have a workaround by creating a RFC enabled FM with to and from for range tables. Inside the FM we make then as range table with fixed sign as "I" and option as "BT" and call in the inherit BAPI.

I am wondering there is no documentation from SAP on this as we have so many ABAP functions which can leveraged.

Regards,

Sandeep

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep - unfortunately I am not as knowledgeable about BAPI's as I'd like to be so I am not sure I can help.

There could be some limitations with it - have you checked the SAP Help?

Tammy