cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable shipping methods at Item level in Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

I want to discuss one requirement from client and need to figure out the way to calculate the freight in order.

1. Company uses 3-4 types of shipping method, UPS/FedEx, Open trucks , Customer Pickup and Third party drop. Freight cost and calculation is different for all shipping methods.

2. Materials can go by any shipping method decided while order creation on company developed portal. Order will be transferred through EDI form portal and all cost will be calculated in order and we need  to recalculate the cost in SAP.

I tried using the Material freight group field in material master, but they can't restrict the shipping method for any material. I tried restricting using only one condition type for all shipping methods but seems that is not feasible in this condition.

I am now considering using material group 1-5 field in material master to calculate the freight in order at item level.

Please suggest which field  I can use in MM to maximize the use of standard SAP functionality and calculate the freight in order at item level.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

'try using Transportation group field in the material master,it splits the Delivery's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I can only maintain one transportation group in material master, however I need to maintain multiple shipping methods in material master.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your requirement is only to calculate freight in the order ,you can use any field in the material master and use the same field in the Access sequence of the Freight condition and maintain the condition records,these will be picked in the sales order