cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW 7.4 Support Relase 2 as ABAP installation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to install NW 7.4 Support Release 2 as ABAP on Windows 2008 R2 Server with SQL Server 2012. I need to create an ABAP server first then to install SLT 2.0. During installation in "Import ABAP" phase I got  'Migration Monitor' exits with error code 103. For details see log file(s) import_monitor.java.log, import_monitor.log

I attached the log file and also the steps I took during installation. Please help me to pass this issue? I appreciate it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niaz

1. Could you attach the SAPNTAB.log & SAPinst , are performing system copy or new installation?

2. Just do the full restart and then once again start the same steps

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Thanks for replying me so quickly. I attached the file you requested. I could not send you the document I put together to show my steps (word document). This is new installation.

Thanks,

Niaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

error message returned by DbSl:

Cannot enable compression for object 'DDNTT_CONV_UC'. Only SQL Server Enterprise Edition supports compression.

You have to use SQL Server Enterprise Editions only. Please refer 62988 for the same.

regards,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I bypass this step? Is there anyway I could install an instance of ABAP to be able to use SLT2.0. I really need to make this work as client is bringing HANA appliance and I need to replicate data from ECC to HANA. Here are some info to give you better context. Could you let me know what I need to download / install to be able to install SLT2.0 components after?

Source System (already in place)

• ABAP source
  • Database: Oracle
  • Kernel: NW
    740 SP 31
  • Business Suite Level: ECC 617 SP 01

Target System (HANA) (will be implemented)

• Database: HANA
  • Version: SPS 08

SLT server (VM, Dedicated server for medium size)

I have access to SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 remotely. Also, I have SQL 2008 and SQL 2012 locally on server I want to install SLT2. I attached SQL 2012 info.  I tried 7.41 SR1 but it dose not give me option for ABAP. Also, I couldn't see option for Distributed database. The latest version of 7.4 SR2 is only supported by SQL 2012. Our client does not have Enterprise version. What are my options?

Thanks,

Niaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Could you let me know if I apply cumulative package for SQL 2012, it would work? According to Note 62988, here are minimum version I need for SQL databases.

SQL Server:                Minimum Version     Support package/CU

SQL Server 2012       11.0.3393                        SP1 CU7

SQL Server 2008       R2 10.50.1702               RTM CU1

SQL Server 2008       10.00.2531 (2)              SP1

SQL Server 2005       9.00.3042 (**)              (1) SP2

SQL Server 2000       8.00.2039 (*)               SP4

SQL Server 7             7.00.1063                   SP4

Thanks,

Niaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niaz,

Installing a patch/cu/sp does not change the edition type(std/ent).

I would suggest you to do a fresh installation again, with enterprise edition.

regards,

pavan