cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation of Materials to Different Customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

I'm totally new to this, so I hope some-one can provide a step to step guide on how to allocate a material to different customers.

We have material A and Customer 1,  Customer 2 and Customer 3. We only have 10000 pieces left of Material A. Customer 1, Customer 2 and Customer 3 all buy products from out company. All these products needs Material A.

- Customer 1 buys Material X which composes of 100 Material A

- Customer 2 buys Material Y which composes of 200 Material A

- Customer 3 buys directly Material A

So now we want to Allocate Material A to the different customers as follow:

-1000 Material A allocated to Customer 1

-2000 Material A allocated to Customer 2

-7000 Material A allocated to Customer 3

So for example  when Customer 1 places an orders for 12 Material X it can only get 10 Material X (because 12*100> 1000). It should not be possible to get more than this.

I've read some articles/reports about how to implement but they are not clear for me. I hope you GURU's can give a step by step explanation how I can implement such a thing in SAP.

With Kind Regards and Thanks,

Nashaf Nazar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nashaf,

Unfortunately, these forums are not a suitable place for step-by-step instructions except in the case of the most simple answers.

To answer your question, I do not believe that standard ECC supports your requirement.

The standard SAP solution for reserving specific quantities of product for specific customers is Product Allocation.  Unfortunately, it generally works for sales orders that are that are booked directly against the product.  It generally ignores requirements that are generated as dependent requirements.  So, you could easily limit the amount of sales orders booked against Product X, of Product Y, and of Product A, for customers or groups of customers.  However, you will not be able to limit the amount of product A that is used to support product X or Product Y, during sales order entry, using standard product allocation.

Product Allocation - Availability Check and Requirements in Sales and Distribution Pr - SAP Library

Here is an old configuration doc for Product allocation, a good starting place

Availability Check Against Product Allocation - Basic Functions - SAP Library

I have heard that Product Allocation has been enhanced in the Oil and Gas addin, but I have no personal experience in this area.  There might be some opportunity there, Caveat Emptor.

In my opinion, you will probably need to create one or more enhancements to meet this requirement. I suggest you create functional specs for the requirement and hand them off to your ABAPers.

Best Regards,

DB49