cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does iDOC CUS_CTAX02 Update in CUHD/CUIT?

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

If there is an existing customs declaration in GTS and then we receive an CUS-CTAX02 iDOC, what does the iDOC update in CUHD/CUIT?  The reason why I am asking is that the Tax Department in our company wants the customs declaration to be automatically created via the Inbound Delivery to contain the proposed HTS and calculated duties.  Then when the CUS_CTAX02 iDOC is processed, only table TSPHD/TSPIT are created. Therefore, there can be a report of what was proposed for HTS and Duties and what was actually submitted to customs from the broker.

I am hoping that since the CUHD/CUIT records already exist, no updating is done. However, I feel that is not the case. If so, can the update of CUHD/CUIT be prevented.

I plan to try to test this in our development but I am still waiting for some information prior to completing the configuration. So, I thought I reach out to the SDN community to see if any has any experience with this type of set-up.

Please let me know your thoughts.  Thank you in advance for any assistance given.

Regards, Dean.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

I just took a quick look at the code...

Primarily, it depends on the value in iDoc field MESGR.  If it has one of these values, then you just get a Tax Statement:

• ZSZ
  • LBA
  • LEZ
  • AEZ

Otherwise, it can get more complicated.

The key point is whether or not you have the "Document Update" flag set in the configuration of the inbound message.  If you don't, then you just get a Tax Statement.  If you do, then the actions depend on the value in iDoc field CUMES.

If that field contains value 'CUSTAX', then there are some Date/Time updates, release of the items, and possible adjustment to the GR/Dec comparison reports.

I haven't previously used the CUSTAX message, so have no actual experience to call on.  Maybe others have?

Regards,

Dave

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the informative reply.  It will definitely help with bringing this Tax Statement in GTS.

Regards, Dean.

Answers (0)