cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error QE503- in QE11 transaction (results acquisition) for Equipment calibration

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I'm working on QM-PM environment to set-up a Equipment Calibration process.

I've defined a  routing for Equipment, and I've linked few Quantitative Inspection characteristics to the PM Order Operation.

When I run IP10 to schedule the Maintenance plan defined for the equipment, the system create fine a Lot Inspection.

When I try to set the inspection result using QA32/QA11 the system isssue the Error  "QE503-Enter a valuation for this qualitative characteristic"

rather Inspection charactristics are defined QUANTITATIVE !!

Where is the error ??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Claudio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If it is Quantitative Chara - In sampling Procedure Valuation mode - try with 500 Manual Valuation or 700 Mean Value with in Tolerance range.

For Qualitative Chara - 400 Valuation according to charact attri code.

Message was edited by: Poovancheeri Rajendran

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

700-Men value with in tolerance  range solve my issue !!

Thanks

Claudio

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I suppose the problem my problem could be in the Sampling procedure !!! 

Because I'm a dummy in QM (my skills are in PM mainly), can somebody check my sapmpling procedure to understand if it's correct or not ?

Thanks

Claudio

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your sampling procedure is ok. Is the sampling procedure has been assigned in the task list or material specification.

Is your task list ok?

In MM03, flag ins. with task list is set?

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia

I don't use any material but just an equipment. So MM03 is not relevant for my purpose. In PM environment I've created a Equipment task-list with just one operation (calibration). To this operation I've linked 4 inspection chrarcteristics, because I have to  perform 4 different measures. These steps are very easy to do and to check, so I suppose which my sampling procedure linked any characteristc is wrong. For this reason I suspect than my sampling procedure is wrong, but unfortunately I can't finf any documentation which explain how to set a Sampling procedure for Quantitative PM-QM calibration Characteristics. Below yoiu can see my sampling procedure. I'm not sura about sampling-type =100 and Valutation-mode = 100.

Thanks for help.

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Whenever you are working in QM/PM environment , your using inspection point as well as define sampling procedure in task list so that inspection lot created w.r.t equipment. Now because you are using inspection point w.r.t equipment i.e. 300 then definitely you check and if not maintained then maintain the inspection point valuation in QM customizing in plant level settings.

Before UD it is required to put the valuation against the inspection point and then post the UD.

goto QM---> Basic setting---> Plant level---> Define inspection point valuation.

Now, as you said this is related to MIC, please provide the screen shot of Error message. If any assignment is there then system will provide you the MIC number for which it is required.

Another, check whether you selected the correct task list or not. i.e. same Grp but different grp counter. it may possible that mistakenly you selected the another grp counter.

Check all master data first, and then go to customizing part for correction.

Regards

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Please check the control settings of the corresponding iinspection characteristics in the inspection plan:

Tr. QP02 -> Operation -> Characteristics overview -> Corresponding insp. characteristic -> button "control indicators" -> second tab -> field "record measure values".

I think that this indicator was missing be creating the corresponding inspection lot.

Regards,

Natália

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia

Thank-you very much for your reply !!

I'm working on Calibration equipment, so I'm not using an Inpsection plan (QP02), but an Equipment instruction instead (IA02) !!!

Anyway the attributes are the same so in the picture you can see how the Inspection characteristic is defined. As you can see I've defined it as quantitative, but when I try to store the Results using QA32

transaction the system consider these charatcteristics Qualitative !!

Regards

Claudio

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Yes, IA02, my mistake!

Can you send the print screen from second tab from control indicator? I think this is the first one.

Probably there is a field "record measure values" that is missing flag.

Regards,

Natália

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia

Unfortunately Control Indicators push-button display call this windows without any tab.

Where I check the record-measure-value flag ??

Do you this there's a lack of custominzing ?

Let me know please.

Thanks, Claudio

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Probably, the error is in the Master Inspection Characteristic created. Kindly check it and see, whether it was created correctly.  Then, check the Task list and see, how it was marked in it. It will be clear. Regards, KrishnaM

PS: By any chance... are you looking at this Equipment-Inspn lot or something else ??