Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCP SSO with JAM

m_krishnapillai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to configure JAM widget in HCP and looks like it requires us to keep a JAM session open to see the feeds in HCP.

Is there a way we can have HCP do a SSO to JAM?

Thanks,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

boaz_wimmer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

JAM discussions widget works on Cloud Portal with SSO.

In order to view content on this widget you should configure the widget to work with a certain data source such as a group (or company).

You must also be registered to the JAM group you are listing in the widget. The group ID, which you add to the widget, can be taken from the source code of the group's main JAM page.

Best Regards,

Boaz

m_krishnapillai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Boaz,

I followed the steps mentioned in blog http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-cloud-portal/blog/2013/01/21/using-jam-widgets-in-sap-netweaver-cl.... But this requires me to keep an existing JAM session open.

Let me know if I have missed something.

Mahesh

boaz_wimmer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

The link you attached is indeed useful. The procedure itself doesn't specify that you should keep an existing JAM session open.

In order to see the content of a group within the widget in consumption mode, you must be logged in as a user who is a member in the JAM group. This will provide the required authentication.

Regards,

Boaz

m_krishnapillai
Explorer
0 Kudos

For some reason when I do the same steps, I get a popup request for login. Any idea if there some config to be done on the JAM side?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes there is some config in Jam - whatever system you are using as your IdP needs to be set up to allow Jam to SSO into it.

In the Jam admin area there you can set up the SSO - see "SAML Trusted IdPs"

Good luck.

Chris