cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher up but not executing any job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

We are on IDM 7.2 SP8. The dispatcher is up but it is not executing anything in the system. I have manually created another dispatcher and it is the same thing. The dispatcher was working before until a couple days ago. The only obvious change I made was installing the RDS and I don't know if this is related.

I cannot find any error except in file 1_failed_mc_log.log with tons of the following entries:

[07.11.2014 09:39:04-181] - 1 - Could not carry out normal MCSystem log operation: String index out of range: 48

[07.11.2014 09:39:04-181] - 1 - Original line:EVAL_LINKS  - No link evaluations found, nothing to do

[07.11.2014 09:39:04-210] - 1 - Could not carry out normal MCSystem log operation: String index out of range: 48

[07.11.2014 09:39:04-211] - 1 - Original line:EVAL_APPR.  - No approval evaluations found, nothing to do

[07.11.2014 09:39:04-329] - 1 - Could not carry out normal MCSystem log operation: String index out of range: 48

[07.11.2014 09:39:04-329] - 1 - Original line:ORDERED     - No ordered groups found, nothing to do

[07.11.2014 09:39:04-392] - 1 - Could not carry out normal MCSystem log operation: String index out of range: 48

[07.11.2014 09:39:04-392] - 1 - Original line:UNORDERED   - No unorder

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

Thanks for you input. I ended up restoring an oracle backup that I kept around 2 months ago in the hard drive and we are back to normal now. I lost some work but it shouldn't take me too long to recover.  It may not have something to do with the RDS ... but I am not sure what it was either.

Regards

Jonathan.

vjiang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

now SAP labs launched a new customer connection project for SAP idm, do you have any interests to join? you can rasie your own improvement request for IdM. Please contact v.jiang@sap.com for detailed information.

here is the program introuduction.

SAP Identity Management helps our customers to centrally manage their user accounts (identities) in a complex system landscape, including both SAP and non-SAP systems. The solution includes a web-based user interface for self-service scenarios for Employees, Managers, and Administrators. In this Focus Topic we will focus on Improvements to this Web UI.

In scope:

• Identity Management 7.2 SP9, software component “NW IDM 7.20 UIS FOR NW 7.10”

Out of scope:

• Releases/SP Level lower than 7.2 SP09
  • Software Component “NW IDM 7.20 UIS FOR NW 7.00”
  • Software Component “NW IDM 7.2 UI FOR HTML5”
Chenyang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johathan,

Did you try to restart the dispatcher and see it works?

Cheers

Chenyang Xiong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

Is there anyway to turn on SQL trace on the dispatcher? Our DB is oracle.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

I can't see installing the RDS as changing anything with the Dispatcher configuration, however there could have been some database changes made that are causing trouble.

Please re-read the RDS documentation, along with importing the RDS, I believe there is a job or two that needs to be run as well to complete the installation.

If this fails you might have to go to your SP8 install files and re-run the mxmc_update process (mxmc-xupdate if you are using a custom name)

As always, make sure you have good backups before proceeding.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Matt

Thanks for your feedback. I agree that some tables must have been messed up. I have rerun the mxmc-update.cmd. It seemed to run successfully as I didn't see any error in the mxmc-update.log file. However, the dispatcher still doesn't execute any job. Note that the UI tasks themselves are getting executed.

The other thing is that even though I set the dispatcher to debug, I still see nothing in the dispatcher log except for the entries in 1_failed_mc_log.log. Any other idea?

I am trying to avoid the restore option. The backup team will take a while since this is not a production server.

Regards

Jonathan.