Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPRS in billing doc related to return delivery

maciej_domagaa
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a problem with VPRS condition set by the system in the billing document related to a return delivery.

It is known that VPRS condition in delivery related billing documents is taken from the delivery goods issue value.

But what about VPRS in a billing doc related to return-delivery ?- what is the standard behaviour: should VPRS be set to the value of material document related to the return-delivery or to the value of original delivery goods issue ?

This differentiation is important in case when the material valuation changes during the time after posting the original goods issue (sales) and before posting goods receipt for return.

I'm observing the following in my system:

1. First we have sales:

- Sales order

- Delivery (LF), goods issue  - say value posted in material document = 100

- Billing doc (F2) : VPRS = 100, equal to goods issue value which is correct

2. Now the valuation of material changes, for example increases by 5%.

3. Then return takes place:

- Return order (referencing billing doc)

- Return delivery (LR), value posted in material document = 105 according to current material valuation

- Return billing doc (RE) - here VPRS = 100 which is not equal to 105 as indicated in material document related to the return-delivery and as we could expect; instead it is apparently copied from some previous document (billing doc F2 or delivery LF goods issue ?)

My question is: Is this behaviour normal, standard for returns ? Or should I correct something in my customizing to achieve VPRS=105 in billing doc RE (some copy control settings ?)

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Domagala,

If you create return order (RE) with reference to forward billing then all value s will copy from your forward invoice to your sales order through copy controls and if you maintain the item priceing type  'D ' . Then the exact value will copy from your billing to your returns.

Regards,

C.B Reddy

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In normal circumstances, VPRS would behave as follows which you can see from the condition tab of billing.

If the condition control (KSTEU) is set to

• 'H', the cost was taken from the goods issue.
    • 'A', it was redetermined from the valuation segment of the material master
    • 'D' or 'E' it was copied from the preceding document

But for returns, it would consider from material master which I need to check in SAP and I dont have access to SAP to confirm this.  By the way, what is set in Material Master whether Standard Price or Moving Average Price.  Also in Accounting1 tab, there would be one field "Valid from".  Check what date is set here.

G. Lakshmipathi

maciej_domagaa
Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see KSTEU = 'H' in conditions tab of billing doc RE.

Customizing for copy control from delivery LR to billing doc RE is set with pricing type (KNPRS) = 'D'.

Material master has moving average price set (VPRSV = 'V') and the value is zero.

It is a bit more complicated: material used in billing docs is a BOM main material and it's not relevant for picking and for goods issue (due to the item category customizing) - it's relevant for billing only. Only BOM subcomponents are relevant for picking and goods issue - but they are not relevant for billing in turn.

VPRS in billing doc is obtained by summing BOM subcomponents (this is due to "cumulate cost" setting in copy control for delivery LF to billing doc F2).

So in the example that I described before VPRS =100 in billing doc RE definitely could not have been determined by material master. It must have been obtained by copying from some previous document and it definitely was not the return-delivery (LR) - because the values are different (100 vs. 105).

So I wonder what is the reason why the system does not calculate VPRS in RE-billing doc based on return-delivery but rather based on original LF-delivery / F2-billing doc. Is there any customizing that decides about it or is it just hard-coded feature ?

regards

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maciej,

Technically speaking: VPRS behavior depends upon customizing settings of the RE process. (especially copy control, field pricing type)

From business point of view: Keeping VPRS = 100$ in your RE credit memo is correct.

The cost of the goods was 100$ when the goods were sold and this is being returned, so the cost should be reflects as the then cost (100$).

So, no need to change this setting.

tw

maciej_domagaa
Contributor
0 Kudos

Wel, it's the business who complains about it - because of differences between VPRS in RE-billing doc and amounts posted by material doc related to return-delivery.

I'm aware that it's not possible to have both of these at the same time in case of material valuation change: a) VPRS equal in billing docs F2 / RE and b) VPRS in RE-billing doc euqal to return-delivery PGI amount.

So I wondered whether the approach b) is possible to customize at all and whether it is used by anybody ?

regards