cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prototyping and Ramp-Up (Discrete Industries)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

do you have any experience regarding this process? I have been searching on the web but I could not find any detailed materials, slides, demos, etc. reagrding this topic.

SAP Library - SAP PLM: Business Process Descriptions

I am interested about the WBS integration of SAP PLM to track a project:

- how WBS is integrated with iPPE? (Product Structure, Assembly Groups) I could not find any fields related to WBS in those objects.

- is there a way to do the handover from iPPE to BOM (usage production) during the prototype process?

- is there an integration with cProjects instead of WBS? Any documents related to this?

Best regards

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

this is also called a higher level implementable step of the Value Scenarios defined in the SAP Business Suite in 2007, which were documented in SAP Solution Manager (see this document on how to access Solution Manager content).

You can do all of these things, besides the cProjects integration you are asking for. There is a PS integration in iPPE, please check Product Designer transaction "pdn".

Documentation of Product Designer is here, including the old iPPE-BOM converter.

See attached screenshot.

As you know, SAP PLM 7 has provided different / new ways to manage product structures and handover from engineering to production. I am not really sure if you want to take this outdated route.

Regards, Ulf.

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

thanks for the prompt answer. Actually we do not have the standard solman content in our solution manager system. I know PDN but I am looking for an integration with PLM WebUI. There I can not find any connection between iPPE (Product Structures and Assemblies) and WBS or cProjects. As I remember in Process Industries there was an integration to WBS in the Recipe WebUI but in Discrete I can not find anything like this (there is not any Project System tab e.g.).

Best regards

Tamas

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

this has not been put  in scope for the PLM Web UI, unfortunately, like quite a few other "classic SAP GUI" iPPE functionalities.

You might want to address it via influence.sap.com Customer Connection, or go ahead and use this capability in the SAP GUI.

Ulf.