Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using PI 7.4 and I am new to this.

We got one requirement:- One third party system will call PI web service and PI will send the data to ECC system via Proxy.

Please provide me some documents on step by step guide of how to create web service inside PI system.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Moumita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

xavisanse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You should create a SOAP Sender Channel for legacy and create the Sender Agr. Recv Det...etc... as always.

To publish the wsdl just right click in sender agreement and you see an option to get the wsdl.

Just it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using PI 7.4 java stack only. No seperate sender agr, recv det is there. only ICO is present. That's why I am asking for step by step guide to create WSDL and publish it.

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the screens

After this copy the URL or "save" and give to third party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your quick response and help.

Regards,

Moumita

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

Hope that proxy configurations in SAP systems are ready. If not use the following links

http://scn.sap.com/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2012/01/19/michals-pi-tips-how-do-you-activate-abap-...

Then everything is pretty standard except the receiver channel

ESR components as we have been doing in any version of SAP PI - DT, MT, SI, MM, OM

Sender channel- as usual SOAP adapter in sender channel

Receiver Channel - the receiver channel (proxy channel) will be SOAP adapter with Protocol XI 3.0.

Create and Integrated Configuration Scenario using these channel and then generated WSDL/WSDL URL from ICO.

the URL or WSDL can be provided to third party to consume the Web Service. Testing can be done using same url with SOAP UI.

Regards,

Vikas Kumar Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create and Integrated Configuration Scenario using these channel and then generated WSDL/WSDL URL from ICO.

the URL or WSDL can be provided to third party to consume the Web Service. Testing can be done using same url with SOAP UI.

the rest part is good enough. But I need step by step guide on the above mentioned part.

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

suman_saha
Contributor
suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Integration directory, Create an ICo and do Dislplay WDSL.Provide that WSDL to the sender system. The can send data to PI using that WSDL or the soap address mentioned in the WSDL.

Save the WSDL file and search for soap:address xmlns:soap= 

You will get the URL which you can use in SOAP UI to test also.

Regards,

Suman

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

I am not sure whether these link will help you.

Can you elaborate your requirement?How will third party call PI web service?

I guess you are looking normal SOAP to Proxy scenario similar to

Suman

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

You need to create the Structure in ESR for Request/Response for Sender 3rd party and create a WSDL file to be generate from your ICO config & shared with the Sender party..

For Receiver Side you will create the Request/Response Structures for your Proxy.

Please check the following :

Regards,

Azhar