Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table REPOSRC and REPOLOAD deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one query.

We are doing migration from Solaris to Windows and we want to redcuce some database size.

Note 706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably lists below tables as basis tables

1.REPOLOAD

2. REPOSRC

I believe these table stores generated programs by SGEN. Can we simply delete their content as we are going to execute SGEN after migration?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It should be possible to empty REPOLOAD table, at least there are some references about cleaning it...

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/0308nesiem/0308nesiem.html

After the installation is complete, complete the following steps:

Report loads in an SAP system are OS-dependent; you must delete these loads to complete the System Copy. The system will automatically re-create them at first access.

db2 "import from /dev/null of del replace into <schema_name>.repoload"

668560 - Analyzing inconsistent system time stamp in source and load

This should be at least validated once on a sandbox system.

In fact I'm a little bit worried about a vicious circle if you truncate the REPOLOAD table...

To be able to compile code, if it is not done through kernel functions, you'll need to have some program already compiled !

As you are changing of operating systems I'm almost sure that the content of REPOLOAD will be overwritten.

I do not think that the loads for the old OS would be kept.

438038 - Automatic regeneration of invalidated loads

You should never delete anything from REPOSRC that does contain the source code that can be compiled into REPOLOAD by the SGEN process.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ace4sap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is now a note that explains how to male some cleanup in Repoload table, in case that there are some laods for a machine type that is not used (anymore)

2324429 - Manually cleaning the ABAP Load table (Repoload)

Best regards

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I am agree with Alwina,Please do not delete without confirmation of specific team because its not a good practice.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

if you did not find this information in a SAP note or documentation, then it is better to get such confirmation from responsible team at SAP before you delete something.

Regards,
Alwina