cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a field read only + assign default value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have defaulted a field REPRF (in entity BP_COMPNY) on MDG UI with a value "Yes" by using BRF+ Derivation rule. This field is a check box on UI.

Along with setting this default value, I also want to make it a non editable field on UI, so that no user can change the defaulted value.

I tried doing this by removing governance on this field using the customizing Process Modelling -> Set Governance Scope. But after doing this the BRF+ derivation was not working on this field.

Therefore, please let me know how to make a field non editable along with a default value set ?

Thanks,

Swati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

In MDGIMG use Activity "Configure Properties of Change Request Step" to set the attribute to "Not Relevant". This way it is read only but derivation is still done.

Regards,

Henk.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

Do you want non editable field statically (Mean for all vendor Groups)? If yes then procedure provided by Hankl is also correct. But if you want to make dynamic behaviour (Non editable field depending upon vendor group) then you want to set rule in derviation under validation and derivation node

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

For manipulating UI properties , you could create implementation for BADI USMD_ACC_FLD_PROP_CUST_DEP_SET and implement method IF_EX_USMD_ACC_FLD_PROP_CDS~MODIFY_FLD_PROP_ATTR

Regards,

Raghu