Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval system for STMS

h3n
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm looking for an work flow for managing transports (STMS) into the production system. At the moment every developer can transport his development and changes into the production system at his own. I think this is a bad situation. Is there a possibility to establish a workflow for transportation with an approval system?

Important is the aspect that the developer can determine the moment when the transport reaches the production system. He is the only responsible person for the correct and successful deployment.

As a solution I know the ChaRM solution from SAP. But in my opinion this is a complex and expensive solution

Regards Henning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

It is possible to setup an approval scenario with the basic SMTS options without needing to setup CHARM.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

1st of all, if any unauthorized person is doing transports in production that the flaw is with the security system. You should manage this initially with authorizations and see if that helps.

BTW, ChaRM is not that expensive and complex.

Regards,

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And yes, as Yves said, and I missed it, you can use TMS QA approval procedure.

You can start with

SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP Security Guide - SAP Library

Regards,

h3n
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

thanks for your quick response. I agree with your first statement. It's a flaw in our security system.

Regarding the following posts I think that the STMS QA approval is a good solution. In comparison to ChaRM the STMS QA approval is a really easy way. The only Problem i see at the moment all developer have SAP_ALL in our systems expect the production system. In case of this the approval system the stms qa approval could be bypassed.

I am looking forward for a first test.

@all:

Thanks all for the quick response.

Regards Henning