cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict minimum articles (Not Quantity) in Storage bin in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to restrict the minimum number of articles in one storage bin.Is there any configuration for that?

For Example  :

I have A,B,C materials in 'F0101011' bin which are having same material type,Now if i want to put Material D in the same bin,System not allow to put that article,it means in one bin i want to put only 3 articles(A,B,C). Here i don't want to consider Capacity and weight of the bin.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I don't think we have standard config for restricting the articles or materials for a particular bin by number.

We can enhance the putaway strategy using /SCWM/IF_EX_CORE_PTS_FILT_SORT .

In the above BADI , you will get sequence of bins for a storage type. What we need  to do is first  find out the no of unique materials in bin as per business and if it exceeds then remove that proposed bin from sequence. So that WT will create out of remaining bins

In this way , we can control no of articles in a bin. This will work as we have done similar required for some customer.

Thanks,

Srikanth.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for your reply.I have checked that BADI in SE19,but i didn't get.In which tcode i have to enhance.Can you please tell me?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

We are using Lean Warehouse Management,Whatever you said,is it possible in LWM also.If possible how to do that?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

probably the Badi /scwm/ex_core_pts_mix can help you there.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I didn't get that BADI,I have checked in SE19.How to find out?

Thanks

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

are we talking both about EWM at all?

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Actually we are using Lean Warehouse Management.

Thanks

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using Lean warehouse management then you cannot have much check on capacity and weight at storage bin level as far as my knowledge says in the Lean warehouse at material master level you enter the storage bin number which appears on all the GR / GI slip for reference.if you want to activate weight, capacity and number of material in the bin then you have to activate the full warehouse Management module of SAP

We set the reference storage bin in material master plant data / stor 1 view in Lean warehouse management.

The expected result is not possible using the Lean warehouse management

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

"Actually we are using Lean Warehouse Management."

Are you now joking or do you mean that seriously?