cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Audit Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to process the audit for vendor. The audit will be for overall processes at vendor end & will not be material specific.

In SAP, the inspection lots created for audit are for materials.

We do not want the audit for materials, but for vendors & the audit findings should be considered for vendor evaluation.

How can we map this process in SAP?

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Audit Management is the best option for you. In this, you can develop a Question Lists with Questions in them. Award points for each question based on your criteria. You can plan an Audit, execute an Audit and even do a re-audit for Corrective & Preventive Actions. I think this is an excellent facility for Audit Management. The same can be explored for other types of audits such as: Internal Audits (ISO 9000/14000), GMP Audits and Safety Audits. Pl. try and share your experience. Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I say sorry to Krishna, as in query it is also mention that audit has an effect on vendor evaluation process, so for that audit inspection lot is required.

I was mapped it that's why i am suggesting to create inspection lot .w.r.t. vendor material and plant combination and it serves the purpose of both audit as well as vendor evaluation.

Regards

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Here I quote the query:

The audit will be for overall processes at vendor end & will not be material specific.

In SAP, the inspection lots created for audit are for materials.

We do not want the audit for materials, but for vendors & the audit findings should be considered for vendor evaluation.

So,  the vendor's audit is aimed at:

• overall QM at Vendor's end.
  • It is not material specific.

That's why, I suggested Audit Management, which I still consider the best option.

Here the purpose is to create: a documentary evidence of the facts observed, criteria taken in to consideration and evaluate the QM at vendor's end. Hence, taking a material as a sample and creating inspection lot and processing it, may not serve the purpose

Creating a Dummy material and creating some inspection characteristics can only serve the purpose to some extent. Regards, KrishnaM

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope any way you may have to end up with Development for Vendor Evaluation. So you can try with Audit management where you can decide Audit Object for Vendor Audit. Also better Tracking in terms Corrective, Preventive and follow up action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Its Vendor and definitely he supplies something to you company. Maintain Quality info record in combination of all materials along with his supplies to different plants. Then create lot w.r.t to his supplied materials and yes also maintain vendor in inspection plan assignment against material.

System will give you the rating and ranking based on audit evaluation.

Regards