cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NWBC5 with SAP GUI 740 upgrade from NWBC4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

while upgrading to SAP GUI 740 and NWBC5.0 from GUI 730 and NWBC 4.0 we are encountered issues on configuration file.

presently we are using SAP GUI 730 and NWBC 4.0 and upgrading to SAP GUI 740 with NWBC 5.0.In this process i am seeing config files are not properly migrating.

when i try to add or access any message server load balancing entries it's not working as expected. 7.40 SAPGui with NWBC5 installation has Config file migration issues.

1.If you install SAPGUI740 with NWBC5.0 it will use Config file as “SAPUILandscape.xml” and while update migration tool supposed to copy saplogon.ini and NWBCOptions.XML file . During the Migration Process it’s  not copying all the files, It only brings the information from custom application entry from old SAPGUI and has issues updating Group/Server entry’s.

When we tried to access Load Balancing system will see below message. error parsing SAP GUI command line '/FULLMENU SNC_PARTNERNAME="xx" SNC_QOP=9 /UPDOWNLOAD_CP=2' After adding SNC_PARTNERNAME and SNC_QOP in  SAPUILandscape.xml  will give same error without SNC_PARTNERNAME and SNC_QOP.i tried to edit this Config file entries from saplogon.ini  but still it’s not picking, And also it’s not updating the existing NWBC4.0 version, It’s creation new NWBC5.0

2.If you install SAPGUI 740 without NWBC5.0 it uses existing saplogon.ini as a configuration file and updating GUI version to 7.40. Now I am able to access message server load balancing  system and see all the SNC and Logon Entries.

3.If you install NWBC5.0 separate it is not updated existing NWBC4.0 but it’s created NWBC50 folder separate, How can i bring the SAP GUI 730 and NWBC 4.0 to one common SAPGUI 740 & NWBC5.0. Regards Janakiram

Regards

jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Please check the following note:
---------

2077230 - SAP Logon (Pad) 740: missing SAPRouter string for system entry and error "hostname 'NiHLGetNodeAddr' unknown"
---------

Best regards,
Chen

Answers (0)