cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active MDT's show as inactive in Planning Area screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am having issues activating a planning area when I try to add a custom master data type.

The MDT and all associated attributes are showing as active in the master data type screens (see attached screen shot 1), but when I try to enable these MDTs for a planning area in the planning area and details section, the subordinate attributes of the MDT now shown as inactive (see attached screen shot 2).

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, any ideas as to a fix/workaround?

Thanks for any responses,

Sean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Have you assigned these MDTs to your planning area? If not, please select the MDT and then select 'save'. It should appear under 'selected attributes' in you planning area. One done try to activate your planning area again and see if the status changes to active or not.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once I select the MDT's and press save, the planning area reverts to inactive status (expected), but the activate button is still display only.  If I try to access a different planning area, I get a "Do you want to save your changes?" popup.  When I choose "yes", the popup disappears but I am back at the point where the activate button is still display only. 

former_member217157
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

It is correct behavior that the MDTs and Attributes assigned to a planning area will show inactive when added to the Planning Area. After the planning area is activated, they will show in active status.

Note that Active status of MDT/Attributes is different from active status of MDTs/Attributes assigned to a planning area.

What is the activation error you mentioned? What release of S&OP / IBP are you testing this on?

Note that the Latest version of Chrome 38.0.2125  has some incompatibility with UI5 libraries used in S&OP. You can try IE instead to see if that addresses your issue.

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghav, you are a saver of lives! 

It was definitely the Chrome incompatibility that was the issue.  Once I switched to IE, the planning area activated immediately. Lesson learned.

Thanks again,

Sean

Answers (0)