Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas 2.0 - Recovering Deleted Flavors

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of our created flavors is missing from Flavor maintenance (in Personas/Admin_UI) as well as Flavor bar. I suspect it was deleted accidently. Anyone has an idea how to recover flavors?

We are using Personas 2.0 SP02 (updated to latest patch released on October 30, 2014)

Regards,

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If the flavor was indeed accidentally deleted, then it's unfortunately gone for good.

In Personas 2.0, there is no deletion flag in the tables that store the flavor data.

One thing comes to mind regarding losing flavors though... is it possible that the flavor name was wiped out? I wonder whether you see any flavor in the admin transaction with a blank name.

There was a bug in the admin transaction that has been corrected just one or two regular patches ago which caused the flavor name to be deleted, but the flavor itself was still there in the system. If so, then it is possible to bring this flavor back with a little hacking...

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually, there is a flavor with a blank name. For a moment, I did believe it was the same flavor whose name was blanked out, but then came to the conclusion it was not possible.

Now, that you mention it, I am certain it is the flavor which is missing.

You could be a life saver if you could tell me how to get it back, as I have spent the last 3 hours recreating the flavor (and I "must" finish today )

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, then you may be in luck

Check the table /PERSOS/FLAVOR for an entry that has a blank NAME field. Grab the flavor ID.

All you'd need to do is write a simple ABAP program that directly updates that NAME field with the lost flavor name and you should be - hopefully - back in business.

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

That's great. I will try that.

Regards,

Abhijeet

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Err ... any way to avoid the ABAP program? I can access the table and see the empty name field for that entry over there.

As the system is open, I think just entering the flavor name will work (the field is accessible to me )

Unless I am missing anything else.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you can modify the flavor name field in any way, that will suffice. Doesn't have to be an ABAP program.

You say the field is accessible to you... do you mean you have a way to edit it?

If no ABAP program, it is possible to coerce SE16 or SE16N to make changes to table entries instead of display only, provided you have the necessary authorizations (debug&replace, in particular)

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

It worked. The field was editable in se16, so I simply entered the flavour name, saved it and voila!! the flavour was back.

Thanks a lot. That saved a lot of my effort.

Regards,
Abhijeet

Answers (0)