cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Sales Order for Hazardous Material

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus -

My requirement is, I need to block sales order only ONCE / FIRST time if I am using the HAZARDOUS MATERIAL in my Sales Order.

In other words, if I am creating a sales order which includes HM as one of the material. And this is 1st time I am shipping this material, then it should block the sales order. Thus we need a reg check block occurs in SAP whenever there is a first time shipment of a material to a customer.

One way I was thinking is not to maintain pricing, so automatically, the order will not get processed until Pricing maintains condition record. This is not roboust though. Another way is to trigger automatic block based on material type/storage location etc. But this will be development which we need to avoid due to time limitation for changes at this stage in project. Is there any better way through configuration? Or simpler development?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can keep Automatic delivery block with configuration at schedule line level

0 Kudos

Hi Siva - Agree but this will not help me as I dont want this to be blocked everytime. I am now thinking of development route. We can create a Z Table and add the list of materials we need to block at Sales Order for delivery. Any suggestion?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A S,

1. Identify HM - For this you are thinking of creating a z table and maintaining the hazardous material. Can you use some standard field in the MMR? for example: Material group

This will save the creation of a z table.

2. ONLY first sales order should be blocked - I think you have to go for enhancement (coding).

If the order has HM, then logic should look into VBAP, if material in sales order is equal to VBAP-MATNR with VBAP-ERDAT before the creation date of this current order, if entry found then do not put delivery block.

If no entry found then put delivery block.

note: check for performance

Delivery block - This block is either set at header level or at schedule line level. If business creates orders only with HM material, then you can set this delivery block at header level. If orders are mixed, then put delivery block at schedule line level.

tw

0 Kudos

Thank You ! Will close the thread

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AS ,

When ever a new customer is purchaseing this material sales oreder has block , and authorization person has to release this order.

create a z table and create feilds with customer,material ,salesorder ,item number ,order block ,released, date ,time .

Write a logic user exit to check the z table before saving.

When ever material is created with customer it has to check with ztable and if entry found then it has to accept the order other wise it has to insert the entry and update with block status .create one tcode- zsorel and assign to this tcode to that program to release this block in the z table against the sales order

Now create user exit in delivery to check this table wheather block is there or not ,if it is not then system has to accept this other wise other wise system has to through the error block "that sales order is blocked "

Regards,

C.B Reddy

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from all the above suggestions, you can also consider "Listing / Exclusion" functionality by which, you can exclude this material for a certain period.  Once a decision is taken that the Hazardous Material can be sold, you can foreclose the period.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hello - This indeed is a good suggestion. But this will not block at sales order. So do I need to do any other settings so I can put the order on delivery block?

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AS,

You can try in below in material master sales data.

Maintain the relevant block status field and time range so that system will NOT allow to create sales order for the particular sales line.

0 Kudos

Hi - But then everytime I will have to make changes in MMR?

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One method I could think of is not to create this material for the relevant sales area and plant. So when this material is fed in the sales order, this material will give an error message. But you can know the nature of the material by seeing the material description in the sales order. At this point of time, if you want to enable the sales of this material, you can now enable the master data and then execute the sales.

As these are hazardous materials, you should also be looking at Material Safety Data requirement of the material and other dangerous goods requirements.

0 Kudos

Hello -

And just to add, we dont have EHS module. We have to manage with SD / MM only.