cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSP to PI 7.4 WS: Failed to call the endpoint: Error in call over HTTP: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error; nested exception caused by: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error response for SOAP request or invalid content-type.;

sapstern
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

my scenario is as follows:

JSP Client deployed on PI JEE Server wants to call an asynchronous SOAP Service Interface on PI Server (same host of course).

- I used AXIS 1.x as client arifacts on the jsp side

- I get:

Failed to call the endpoint: Error in call over HTTP: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error; nested exception caused by:

java.io.IOException: HTTP Error response for SOAP request or invalid content-type.;

If I call the same Service Interface from SoapUI all is fine.

Can it be an authentification issue?

Thanks

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

to make sure it is no authentification issue you can switch on authentification trace in NWA and execute the call. You should be able to trace any issues in that area then.

The error message probably means that the server returns an HTML page instead of an XML answer. Since HTTP code is 500, I'd assume that it is no problem with authentification, but with execution of the call on the server. Maybe you call the service with parameters PI doesn't understand, for example.

You can also check Communication Channel monitoring and see whether the system could find the matching scenario.

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (0)