Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Contract VA42 Settlement

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to settle a sales contract (VA42) to the general ledger, my first question is this possible? and if so I want to be able to settle into the GL to 2 accounts Labour & Material, how would I do this? would I need to setup RA for the order?

thanks

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Yes, it is possible to settlement for Sales contract. you have to configure the settlement profile in the requirement class which triggers from Requirement type ( under procurement tab)

check OVZG and OVZH configurations

and one clarification on Labour cost and Material cost is needed ?

how do you post labour cost and material cost in the sales contract ? are you pulling it from Project or internal order or service Order?

please provide some more information

thanks

santosh

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Item Category of Contract is not relevant for billing . The Sales Contract converted to release order will enable the posting to the respective G/L's .

Could you provide more information on the requirement?

Regards,

SRK

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material costs and labour costs are coming from the Service Order which we plan to settle to the Sales Contract. Then we want to settle the labour and material to 2 specific GL codes.

thanks

Joe

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now understood, your material cost and labour cost will be updated into Sales contract and when you want to settle this contract, you have option in Settlement profile under transaction code OKOA to allow settlement for G/L

set G/L account as valid received in the settlement profile and assign this profile to the requirement Class

now system will allow you to post the settlement to Valid G/L

thanks

santosh

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your help.

Do you know the configuration transaction to view which settlement profile is linked the Sales contract?

Also the Labour/Material split on the contact I assume I will need to have 2 lines one for each cost type.  As the Service Order(IW32) has the split of the labour/Material, But when I carry out settlement to the Sales Contract I do not think there is way to split the settlement by labour/material, you simply define which contract and line the values go to.

thanks

Joe

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

from your Sales contract transaction, you can get Requirement type

This Requirement type points to Requirement class which contains your settlement profile

OVZH for your Requirement type to Requirement class Assignment.

in OVZG you can see settlement profile at Requirement class

thanks

santosh

Answers (0)