cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customs Requirement at Dubai Free Zone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally while trading at Free Zone (in Duabi) Bill of Entry (BOE) needs to be tracked for all the materials at receiving and at exit.

BOE is created by customs while receiving goods. Earlier we used to use the batch field and update it manually so then the tracking was simple.

Now the organisation has decided not to tamper the batch field in order to have global tracability.

I would like to know if there any ready solution provided by SAP to track this?

We can use customs enhancement to keep the track but the issue is that it is possible that the material with a batch (say BATCHA) can be received a couple of times on different occasions with different BOE's.

The tracking will then get complicated at the time of exit & would may not be 100% accurate.

Can we use a new special stock indicator which would be limited for the plant. At global level there should be no difference what so ever.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would it be possible to use different storage locations for materials under the same license?

Do you have the same material there under different licenses?

How would you like to track it? by movements? or just by documents?

E.g. by documents I mean purchase order, inbound delivery, outbound delivery. To those documents you could add attachments via the service for objects function.

The document that I found in the web does not really have any detailed requirement for a tracking list: FREE ZONES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your response, please find my answers below:

Would it be possible to use different storage locations for materials under the same license?

RS - Currently 3 storage locations are in use for the same building/entity

Do you have the same material there under different licenses?

RS - I am not sure about it.

How would you like to track it? by movements? or just by documents?

RS - The BOE is captured as Batch. So the tracking actually happens as per the materials movement. Currently they receive a shipment, customs department generates a BOE for a physical shipemnt (maybe multiple shipment in SAP that arrives together), while doing GR (against Purchase Order), the inward team captures the BOE and COO as batch data. Then the tracking gets easy.

The requirement is to track Bill of Entry for the complete stock.

Please advise further..

Regards

Ravi Sabhachandani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The best way to trace materials is through batches. I think you can create a new batch with a single goods receipt no matter if it corresponds to the same supplier batch (in that case you can register de supplier batch in other field) and use batch characteristics to complete all data you require. With batches you ensure global traceability.

Best regads

Carlos Díaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the response.

As stated earlier we will not be able to use the batch number due to gloabl traceability. Moreover the option of using the characteristics is also not viable since single batch may have multiple bill of entries with different quantities.

Do you see any other options?

Regards

Ravi Sabhachandani