cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Index Server - Stack area size

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currently having an issue when starting an B1 HANA DB: The index service doesn't start and the following error appears in the trace file:

Reason:

exception  1: no.1000000  (DataAccess/impl/PersistenceManagerImpl.cpp:4302)

unexpected high number of rolling back DTX found 126982 ! (free stack area of 1014952 bytes is too small); $condition$=maxTIDs <= maxIndoubtElements

I've checked for available space in the log and data volumes: Log volume is ad 93% and data volume at 7%

Has anyone had this issue?

The trace file is attached

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error message refers to the SAP HANA internal resource/memory management, not to the data or log volumes.

Apparently, there are (too) many open transactions in the system and the memory structure to keep track of them doesn't fit into the available memory.

Since you write that this happens when you try to start the instance it seems that when the instance was brought offline the last time, this was an unclean shutdown with many open transactions.

My guess here would be that it should be possible to recover this instance by providing enough stack space. But this is really a situation where I'd advise to get in touch with SAP support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved with Note 2081663

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2081663

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's always the sap note that one just hasn't read yet .

Thanks for sharing the solution!

Answers (0)