cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update new sales group from CMR automatically into old sales orders which are completed..?

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement to update new sales group into all the existing sales orders in the system. There will be thousands of completed past orders that we have to update with new sales group.

New sales group are created. Now we are planning to assign these sales group to all the customers through MASS/XD99

So after that, we want to update this sales group into all the sales orders. Sales Order-- Header ( VBAK_VBGRP).

As this field takes its value from the CMR of Sold to party, is there is a easy way to get it updated in this scenario?

I could use LSMW or MASS. but the problem is that, for thousands of old sales orders, its very tedious to create a list of sales orders and  sales group to be assigned. I am looking at avoiding that work.

Hope you got my problem clearly

Please give your valuable suggestions

Thanks

Jobi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can take all the sales order list in the table VBAK only with sales group download the same to excel,update new sales groups in the sheet and upload through LSMW

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank all for your response.

TW, I would like to explain it more,  As we know that, when a sales order is created the sales group will be automatically captured including sales office in the header from that of the CMR of Sold to party.

so now, as the CMR has got a new sales group, if we make the sales order to get triggered as if its been created as new, the new sales group frm CMR should get captured .. I am just wondering if there is any possibility to do that, . Like a background job..?

Thanks Siva Prasad, you have given me a option of getting the list of sales orders, but my problem is checking each order and finding the sold to party and then assigning the sales group of that sold to party to that sales order. Because just by getting the list of sales order, i dont know, which sales group to assign.

so my problem is that, to find out the new sales group that has to be assigned to thousands of sales orders

Thanks

Jobi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jobi,

in already created sales order, the sales group will not get updated / changed automatically.

if business changes the sales group in the CMR, this new VKGRP will be updated in new order and not in orders already created.

to change in already created orders, either manually it has to be done or by uploading the data.

what ever information you need from the sales orders, can be got from tables.

for example: sold to party can be got from VBAK-KUNNR etc.

there is no other way but to find out the correct group per order and then do these changes.

tw

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - very slight additions / editing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

Don't be afraid of preparing the sales order list. It will not take more than 30 Mins max.

All you need is

VBAK: VBELN, KUNNR, VKORG, VTWEG and SPART

KNVV: KUNNR, VKORG, VTWEG, SPART and VKGRP.

Put these two downloads in different excel files.

Now concatenate KUNNR, VKORG, VTWEG and SPART from VBAK and

KUNNR, VKORG, VTWEG, SPART from KNVV and have VKGRP in next col.

Now put VLOOKUP in VBAK excel from KNVV excel.

Your file is ready, use LSMW and load the file.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

So am made to understand that, there is no other way but to create the sales order list with sales group and do LSMW/mass.

I appreciate bheems'  reply which will surely help me to prepare the list. Thanks for your time.

Thanks to TW and all others

Regards

jobi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jobi, hope you have access to t-code SE16, SE16N

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW...

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bheem,

let us enjoy while knowledge sharing...what do you say?

SAP is fun!

tw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jobi,

but the problem is that, for thousands of old sales orders, its very tedious to create a list of sales orders and  sales group to be assigned. I am looking at avoiding that work.

can you explain this in more detail?

in SAP, in the sales order a particular sales office is inputted, thereafter only those sales groups that are assigned to that sales office can be used.

tw

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
We have a requirement to update new sales group into all the existing sales orders in the system

Though, you can en-mass change the Sales Group via MASS, but if those sale orders have subsequent documents, then you cannot change as it would have been greyed out.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi,

Even though subsequent documents are created, the sales group (and sales office) can be changes in the order, in VA02.

tw