cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME 6.0: Faulty SFC transfer creates no error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the Problem that faulty SFC Transfer to remote site creates no error message on local site.

I'm sending SFCs from local to remote site after producing. I used the following Settings in shop order maintenance:

- SFC_CONSUME

- Receive: disabled

- Message Type: APP_ERROR or SITE_TO_SITE_MESSAGE

In case of missing configuration data on remote site there is no error message shown on local POD. Therefore the produced product is physically sent to remote site and further producing is stopping due to this.

Do I have the possibility to cause an error message or to log NC on local site, so that error handling can be discovered in time?

Regards,

Anke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Anke,

Per the design, the notification for S2S works as following.

If errors occur during the transfer of SFCs, the system writes a message to the Collaboration Log and also triggers the Message Type that was defined in the Transfer tab. Users at the destination site can view this message in the Event Viewer.

So, it is not expected that the message will be sent to the Source site.

The processes of transferring master data and of transferring transactional data are independent in terms of the current implementation, and thus you have to align them manually.

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

Hello Anke,

Could you specify the error message you see in POD?

Normally, all required configuration data must already exist to receive an SFC.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

on remote site error Messages says: "Cannot receive SFC XYZ; all configuration data does not exist; SHOP_ORDER=XYZ001 (Message 18632)". But that is not the Problem.

In real production live the required configuration data are not always transfered in beforehand because someone forgot to. The Problem occures if the worker want to continue the production on remote site but can not start the SFC due to faulty SFC Transfer.

I like to know if there is a possibility to get a Response message from remote site and to log an error on local site in case of faulty SFC Import. Problem could be solved in time.

Regards,

Anke

0 Kudos

Hello Anke,

Does it mean that despite the error Message 18632 SFC is actually received on the remote site and then can be selected by the worker in POD? If yes, I think it is a bug to fix. But can you, please, share the error message from POD that the worker gets ?

I am not positive you can get an error on local site if the receipt of SFC is required on the remote site, because in this case ME may simply send an SFC and does not wait for confirmation back.

However, in case SFC should be transfered without manual receipt, I would expect an error on local site if there is no required configuration data on remote site.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I have no current error message from worker POD but I guess it would say "SFC does not exist...".

SFC is receipt on remote site and available in browse function of "SFC Receipt" activity but can not be imported due to missing configuration data (see error message 18632).

Message on local worker POD says: "SFC is done and transferred".

So, do you think it is still a bug?

Regards, Anke

0 Kudos

Hi Anke,

In case 'SFC does not exist..' error I do not see any issue as the SFC is not received/created in the remote site as expected.

As far as I understand you have Receive checkbox selected, so the receipt is required on the remote site. In this case I do not see any bug that the local site just sends a transfer request and does not wait for response from the remote site.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anke

The SFC data and its configuration data are independent for the purposes of transfer.

The message "SFC is done and transferred" is correct - it means it has sent the SFC and it's related transactional data to the transfer site (you defined what data via Export Template Maintenance). It does not mean that you can receive the SFC into the destination though - you need the master data to exist there first, and that data is handled manually with Site to Site Collaboration Export, and Export Template Maintenance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested the following:

1. Sending SFCs automatically (Receive Checkbox deselected) to remote site with existing configuration data on target System.

Result:

- Success message in worker POD on local site,

- SFC Receipt activity: empty,

- SFC data on remote site are available

--> SFC Transfer completely successful

2. Sending SFCs automatically (Receive Checkbox deselected) to remote site with no existing configuration data on target System.

Result:

- Success message in worker POD on local site,

- SFC Receipt activity: SFCs are available,

- SFC data on remote site are not available

--> SFC Transfer failed, stays undiscovered and causes Problems in Business process

My expactation is that automatically SFC Transfer also creates an error message on local site.

Perhaps it is really no ME bug but after SFC Transfer in local production the products are send to other countries if no Problems are discovered. We Need to know that Transfer Fails on local site to prefent sending of products. 

A work arround could be to Setup email warning on remote site but that is not the proper way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Of cause master data should be transfered first but that is a Manual process. Human/worker are making mistakes thats why Im talking about a already existing Problem.

Do you know a way to integrate the master data Transfer automatically in production flow? That would solve the Problem, too. Inspite of no real Response message from target System.