cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry 7.x for Android - Export encrypted Agentry.db to add it to a branded client?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I successfully created a branded client including the Agentry.db exported from my device after the initial synchronization.

But when it comes to a Production environment, I would like to enable database encryption flag. After doing that, the option to Export Database disappears from the client and therefore I'm not sure if I can create a preloaded Agentry client when the encryption is enabled.

Can you help me with that please?

Thank you.

- Marçal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct, you can not export an ecrypted database.  Even if you could if you put it onto a different device a different user wouldn't be able to unlock the database to do a user change.

What I have seen people do is pre-build a client with the non-encrypted database selected.  Then publish the change to the database to the server.  This way when the user with the pre-built client the server will do a application upgrade to the encrypted database.

Stephen

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Stephen, very smart work around, I will test it.

But I remember that once I tried to change the encryption flag (from encrypted to non encrypted), then I executed the transmit and the button to export the DB was still not available. So I thought that the encryption could be enabled/disabled only before an initial synch without prebuild databas.

- Marçal

Answers (0)