cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing an Original Attachment from SAP PLM WUI DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have an requirement printing an Original attachment from SAP PLM WUI DMS. Please correct me, if i am wrong. In standardSAP PLM WUI DMS functionality there is not print option available.

Detailed Requirement:

-------------------------------

We have requirement to print an original attachment with Change Number Log associated with that Document Info Record as a cover page to the Original attachment, when the DIR is in released status.

If any one has come across similar requirement, please share your experience and it will be more useful for me.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

In the Display Document screen you have a print icon that will pop up for print function.

Kindly have a look at the below post, may be it might help a bit.

Thanks & Regards

Jo Pz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Thank you for your reply.

I know Print option when DIR is in display mode, but if you try to print this will print the DIR details in PDF format not the Original Attachment which is checked-in against the DIR.

My exact requirement: We need to print the Original attachment which checked-in against the DIR (If DIR has under gone any change management using ECM) with Change Number log as a cover page to the original attachment while printing and that to when that DIR is in Released status.

Hope you understand my requirement clearly. Your thread link gave me some inputs like we can change the layout by our custom layout.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad.

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

you can write a custom program and use the FM CV120_START_APPLICATION for printing. For this as a prerequisite you have to create a workstation application in DC30 with type 3 (print).

In your program you can also implement the reading of the relevant change number of the particular document version with BAPI BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2 or the GET_DIR_DETAILS method from /PLMI/CL_DIR_BO class.

Alternatively you can check a third party solution for this called Seal Systems:

Output Management for SAP ERP | DMS | PLM | RM & cFolders - SEAL Systems

Best regards

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thank you for your Inputs. I will try to communicate the same with our developer.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat.