Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Basix Data Text to Upper Case

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there any config that can be changed to automatically change the Material description value to upper case when the data is saved in ECC system ???

And when we recover the data back it should be in Upper case.

is there a config for this or should this be custom built

PS : I found the below setting in the Validations and derivatives but the problem is the basic text is not attached to any domain , so we the upper case is derived from these domains.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An altenative solution could be:

• in you derive ruleset, build a rule which calls a BRF+ function.
  • the result object is your field (which uses the data element MDG_BS_MAT_BSCDASTRG)
  • result = TOUPPER( <your field again> )

Each roundtrip the field value will be converted to upper case.

Cheers,

Henk.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

This is how my rule looks like , but it does not work. Can you please let me know the correct query to be used here with a screen shot ??

If
Then

(1 )ChangeElement : Basic Data Text-Basic Text Basic Da...-Basic Text after processingFormula : TOUPPER (Text) TOUPPER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

In this example BSCDATTXT->NOTEBSCDA is converted to upercase.
In the ruleset create the maintain the IF condition.
Next step is: after the Then select Add->Process Expression->Create. Select type Formula.
In the formula builder. Assign a result data object: BSCDATTXT-NOTEBSCDA.
And maintain the formula: BSCDATTXT-NOTEBSCDA= TOUPPER ( BSCDATTXT-NOTEBSCDA ).

Save and Activate.

Go back to the Result set. The Then Expression is automattically updated.

Save and activate.
Go Back to your Function and use simulate to test your new ruleset. With the option "Display Processing Steps" In the result log you shoud see the Value change to upper case.
It is not updated in the result or context, but it should be in the processing steps.

Cheers,

Henk.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henk ,

I am not able to figure out how we can get "BSCDATTXT->NOTEBSCDA" . i only get the basic data-text value .

Appreciate a fed screen shots on that as well.

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

First of all you need to add BSCDATTXT to your function signature:

Then you can select it from the context.

The guide

has all the detailed steps.

Cheers,

Henk.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is simple to do. Build a BRF+ derivation rule for the text entity. In there, define a variable of type CHAR (specifying the length that you need, could be CHAR10, CHAR100, CHAR250, etc.). Don't use data elements that start with TEXT as these are usually case-sensitive. Make sure to select the "Convert to upper case" checkbox.  Then, the rule should be simply 2 steps:

- UPPER_CASE_VAR = MAT_TEXT; this will convert the text to upper case

- MAT_TEXT = UPPER_CASE_VAR; this will move the text back to the desired text field in upper case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Unable to get differance between two rules. Is it not sufficient to use first rule only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the first rule is to copy the MDG attribute to a temp field so it gets converted into upper case. The second is to copy it back to the MDG attribute after it has been converted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag

It seems it is not possible without access key to assign Domain TEXT40 to data element MDG_BS_MAT_BSCDASTRG.

Workaround is you can define custom data ekement with TEXT40 domain and assign it to attribute NOTEBSCDA