cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot find 'FTP storage system' as an option in Storage Type DMS

0 Kudos

Dear DMS experts,

according to this there is an option 'FTP storage system'  in storage type DMS (Tcode : OAC0)

but i can't find it in my server..

Please help me how to show this option in storage type..

Best Regards,

Anastasius T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Anastasius,

regarding this issue I can provide you the following information and would recommend you to use the HTTP Content Server option for storing files:

1. We only support till the Communication to the FTP Vault and not the storage itself. So by any chance if any physical storage error or some issue comes from the storage itself we would not be able to help you in this regard. Which is potentially risky.

2. We always recommend to Use SAP Content Server or R/3 storage. And almost all of our Customer is using SAP Content Server, so widely Supported also.

3. As Customers are moving to SAP Content Server and R/3 Storage many application may have issues with FTP storage in coming years.

4. RFC storage type can only be used by ArchiveLink and ADK (archive development kit = data archiving). Kpro need the possibility of freely named component ids which is not supported by RFC.

Best regards,
Christoph

0 Kudos

Dear Christoph Hopf,

Thanks a lot for your information regarding my issue.

But i am really sorry for some reason we cannot install SAP Content Server in our server.

I am really appreciate if you can share any idea to keep DMS data through FTP.

We will be responsible of physical storage error or some issue comes from the storage itself.

Best Regards,

Anastasius T.