cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer with Local & Export sales from one company code. Export sales had no tax and Local sales do had tax.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had an Issue with high priority. client needed there Export customer can also perform sale in local.

exports sales customers need not pay tax

local sales customer needed to be paid tax.

can help me out with this scenario with possible configuration settings. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For domestic and exports, obviously, you need to have different Ship To based on which only, tax would be determined.  Have you tested before posting here?  If so, share the outcome assuming that you have different Ship To address.  Based on your feedback, suitable suggestion can be given

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi pathi,

the customer ship to party had to be changed. as the export sales had ship to party and sold to party is same for export customers in Shipping tab address. so i need suggestion either to extend the customer master from export to local.

Regards

Pavan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you need to extend the customer, test it and update here on the outcome.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

hi lakshmipathi,

Yeah thats my issue. can you let me know is i required to extend or else can i add new sales org for same company code.

Pankaj_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Normally for Export & Domestic Sales the customer code or sales area or shipping point may be differnet.

Could you please elaborate what exactly the issue which you are facing?

Thanks

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

i can explain in detail of enterprise structure is like. client had one plant and one sales org with 3 distribution channels and 3 divisions of same company code.

distribution channel 1= export sales

distribution channel 2= local sales

distribution channel 3= local ware house sales

the problem is export sale from distribution 1 can also need to have sale in local.

export sale had no tax

local sale had tax.

client dont have any customers at present.they want this export sale to be also do sale with local. i need to know this scenario...to be done in sap

Regards

A. Pavan

Pankaj_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

If you have already created the distribution channel for Local.. then why you want to sale from Export Dist. Channel.

You can sale from Local Dist. channel.. for that please create a customer in Local Sales Area.

Hope this will helpfull to you.

Thanks,

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

My client is not been maintained data for Local customers. they want the customers of export to perform in local sale even. so i need to know how to handle this scenario.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Considering the structure, you are having following sales areas:

Say Sales org, VK01.

Possible sales areas: VK01/01 (export sales), VK01/02 (local sales) and VK01/03 (local ware house sales).

Now you have a customer XYZ which is doing export sales means available in VK01/01 with tax classifications as 0 - no tax.

Based on your requirement, please extend the existing customer XYZ to sales area VK01/02 with tax classifications as 1 - Liable to tax.

You will have different tax, different pricing etc based on different sales areas.

What is the problem?

0 Kudos

Hi Beem,

Thanks for reply. I know the process i need to know will there be any change in business if they had given account group already maintained in Export sales. will i get any impact if i extend those customer's.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

This you have to identify the what are the differences between your local customer settings and exprot customers, if it is only the tax - non tax, then no issues you can use the same account group as logically Account group doesn't impact but vice versa.

So check the requirement, what extra is required for local customer and if that can be achived by this export account group. Additionally also analyse your system settings like pricing procedure or any user exit with is account group based. Have a clear requirement and clear system analysis and then decide whether you want to go with same account group.

former_member207059
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you say local and export sales, the destination country  of the customer will be definitely different. In this case, you must have two different ship to party with same sold to party. Bcos, having different tax classification maintenance only will not help to achieve this requirement. If you have 2 different ship to party customer numbers, then you can resolve your issue

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try with the tax classification in the customer master?

We have two options there

0 Tax exempt

1 Tax applicable

try to assign relevant values for your customers

thanks

santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for Reply

we need to differentiate the customer is in Local or export. the users want to maintain the data to be maintained individual for local and export.