cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Category in ROS system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am working in Supplier registration process SRM 7.02 in SUS system.

I have a some doubts or question..

1. We are mentioning the Prodcut category in the Registration Screen. Once the supplier fill the information, they choose one or more product category .Questionarre are send based on product category .After the buyer accept the supplier. Transfer the supplier to ECC system.

Questions:

-The product cateogry is also transferred to ECC system as Source list or some other document??

- Is that possible this prduct category and Vendor link . can be created as Supplier list in SAP SRM??

- What is the use of Procut category in ROS system..?? only for sending a specific Questionnarie??

Plz carfiy my above points.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

- The product category is also transferred to ECC system as Source list or some other document??

A: No. It will not be transferred to ECC.

- Is that possible this product category and Vendor link . can be created as Supplier list in SAP SRM??

A: If you send the supplier from ROS to SRM, the product category information will be transferred to SRM as well as long as you have customized the product category correctly. (See also KBA 2069810). But as far as I know, Supplier List in SRM could not be created automatically from the ROS supplier transfer.

- What is the use of Product category in ROS system..?? only for sending a specific Questionnaire??

A: Another point I could think of is buyer may do supplier evaluation based on the product categories that their suppliers could provide.

I hope this could be of some help to your questions.

Best regards,
Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wendy,

Thanks for the reponse.

what are setting need to maintain to bring the Supplier from ROS to SAP SRM system?

Kindly provide some input for my other issue related to Attachement,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3590256

Thank you once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wendy..

Any update..thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You need to create web service in SRM client.

Please check below link for more detail.

Basically using this web service you can  fetch data from ros client only for accepted supplier in ROS process.

Once you created the web service you can see that web service Under create supplier in SRM as shown in below screenshot,

When you save the supplier here it creates the Vendor in SRM

Thanks and Regards

Sanjeev

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tamil,

Sanjeev has provided the information above to create Supplier in SRM from accepted potential supplier selected from ROS.

Have you tried his suggestion?

Basically, you need to maintain the customizing in EBP Client for ROS supplier directory service.

SRM Server - Master Data - Content Management - Define External Web Service:
Call structure for example:

10                      http://<server.domain:port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/ros_precreen/main.do URL

30 username xxx Fixed Value

40 password xxx Fixed Value

50 sap-client xxx Fixed Value

60 sap-language sy_langu SAP Field

70 sap-sessioncmd Open Fixed Value

And you also have to make sure the web service is assigned to the purchaser in ppoma_bbp, same logic with catalog.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wendy,

Thanks..

Actually as per our process, we need are transferring the Supplier from ROS -> ECC -> SRM.

Only thing i need here in this scenerio,

1. I need to transfer the Supplier and Prodcut category link to SRM and create a supplier list.

Plz try to check the below thread also,

Kindly provide some input for my other issue related to Attachement,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3590256

Answers (0)