cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner - How can I add additional Search Criteria?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to add additional search criteria to the Business Partner search screen, but seem to be running into a few issues. On the screen below I would like to add the ability to search on Tax Category and Tax Number.

In MDG >>General Settings >> UI Modeling >> Define Field Properties for UI I de-checked the 'No Selection' and 'No Results List' checkbox for the BP_TAXNUM entity (as seen below).

This allowed me to add the Tax Number Category to the search criteria, however there was no Tax Number available (as seen below). Is there a reason why Tax Number is not available?

Also, when I tried to run a search using the Tax Number Category as a criteria, the following error was displayed.

Is the error referring to the query linked to the feeder class (see image below)? If so, how can I update the query to support additional search criteria?

If there is an easier way to add search criteria please let me know. I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thank you,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Have you checked BADI USMD_SEARCH.

As per the documentation

The following options for modifying the search are available using interface methods:

• Method INITIALIZE
    • During the initialization, you can change the attributes that are available as search criteria. You can remove or add search attributes.
    • You can register pushbuttons for the toolbar of the search results table.
  • Method PROCESS_EVENT
    • You can trigger actions when registered pushbuttons of the search results table are used.
    • You can add additional pushbuttons for actions to the toolbar.
    • You can define actions for starting a navigation that is based on logical actions of the framework.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Raghu.

I was aware of the BADI USMD_SEARCH, however I was hoping that adding search criteria for BP could be achieved without using a BADI/creating my own Handler class (suggested by Henk), but maybe this is not possible. I'll give the BADI a go.

Cheers,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The query attributes are hardcoded by SAP in the handler class. Have a look at CL_MDG_BS_BP_HANDLER-->QUERY_PROP_BP_BY_GENERAL

If you want to change the DB search help (without modifications), best way is to create your own SearchHelp in MDGIMG->Gen. Setting->Data Qual. and Search->Search and Dup. chk.-> Def. search appl.

For Search Mode DB --> Create your own search help.

Then implement and register your own Handler Class and implement methods:

if_mdg_bs_bp_access_handler~get_query_properties

if_mdg_bs_bp_access_handler~execute_query

Cheers,

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hank

Is any documentation available for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Henk and Sanjay.

I created my own Search Help and added the required settings in MDGIMG >> General Settings >> Data Quality and Search >> Search and Duplicate Check >> Define Search Applications

By the way, in Allocation of entities to Search Applications there is an entry for “BP_Header”.

When I set the ‘Incl.SearchHelp’ in the Feeder Class Parameters to “Z_TAX_SH” no additional
fields came through. Should the attributes from the Search Help have shown up? or does a new handler class have to be created even for Search Helps?

I took a look at the CL_MDG_BS_BP_HANDLER and found the queries which are providing
the attributes for the BP search.

Unfortunately, while there is a “QUERY_PROP_BP_TAXNUM” there is no “QUERY_PROP_BP_BY_TAXNUM”.

If I create my own Hanlder Class, where do I make the change so that my new
handler class (ZCL_MDG_BS_BP_HANDLER) is called/used instead of the generic one (CL_MDG_BS_BP_HANDLER)?

One last thing, would the settings for the MDG BP Communicator need to be changed as well (see below)?

Thank you for the help so far, I appreciate it.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

No luck for me as well.

same error and also some fields like KTOKK (Account Group) are not added in Available Search Crieria in customization

Also found that Tax catageory (BP_TX_TYP=TAXTYPE) fields belong to SAP table DFKKBPTAXNUM which is for business partner only not Vendor LF* and also not present in XK01.

Also If we provide Tax catageory in MDG UI it maps with VAT Registration number in LFA1.

As per SAP it is hidden in DFKKBPTAXNUM genIL.

Sorry no sure how to make this field visible in DFKKBPTAXNUM genIL.

If you get solution for this let me know also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry to double post, but is anyone able to help me out with this?

Regards,