cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCF, Multi Mapping, Doc and Row Action Blocks Functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q. What is the use of the following Action Blocks and how are these configured :-

1. DOC,

2. ROW,

3. WCF

4. Multi mapping

Explanation can also include any transaction for examples.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ancy,

1. DOCUMENT action block is used to define the structure/columns of a custom XML that you want to create.

2. ROW action block is used to add rows and values to the columns of the XML you have defined using a DOCUMENT action block.

Regarding WCF and Multi Mapping, can you please elaborate the context about what action blocks you are referring to?

Warm Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

These action blocks are mentioned in the transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ancy,

WCF and Multi mapping seem to be custom action blocks built by the developers who created the transactions. These don't seem to be standard action blocks.

Regards,

Anushree

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ancy,

WCF is related to .net development. You should be calling some .net service from this action block. This service itself would be data source for your transaction. Can you share a screenshot, it would be easier to understand the configurations required.

Thanks,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope this helps out.

Hi Swaroop,

Hope the images are clear.

I just discussed this with Anuj,

Both the WCF and Multi mapping action blocks are custom action blocks.

The version I am using is 11.5.

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct, these are custom action blocks.

So basically in this you are calling a web service and the webservice is in turn returning you a formatted/transformed xml as per the image.

Also, from the image I can sense that multimap is used for value mapping where you have multiple columns in the value mapping entity.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Swaroop

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further more for configuration, you can always refer help documentation.

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ancy,

Here you go:

Doc : This is an xml document that you use when you want to do some modifications on some data

that you fetch from some data source. DO basically, you hold the data in an xml document defined by you using doc action block and then impose some logic on this doc object. This make it easy to develop a logic as you would be developing logic on your own document.

Row : When you create a document, you follow Rowsets--Rowset--Column/Row structure. This is where you use it.

WCF and Multi-mapping - Are you sure you are referring to Action blocks? Which version of MII are you using and SP?  Please share the path where you saw these.

Hope it helps.

Warm Regards,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

I am using version 12.0. Its probably a custom action block. And I need to find out the Data Source in the transaction as there is no query template in the branch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ancy,

What do you mean by finding the Data Source? Can you please elaborate.

Regards,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

I needed to find a QT in the Get Data branch, but there is no QT as such.

However, there needs to be something to fetch the data.

Thus wanted some clarity in WCF.

And Multi Mapping too Im not much clear.

Thanks!